Reed - The Perfect Date

It's been six months since we graduated and already Reena has a job at the hospital where she works as an Occupational Therapist Assistant. At first, she didn't want to work there because of the memories but after finally getting help from a therapist she was finally able to take the job.

I was glad when she agreed that she needed to speak to a therapist. Reena had a very rough senior year in high school then at the beginning of college when she lost her mom. She never really spoke about it and I knew it was eating her out because she had a lot of guilt. She knows of course how one's overall health is, especially one's mental health and I am proud to see her taking the right steps.

She's happier and we're happier because it has improved our relationship to the point where she has agreed on a date for us to get married. I had an idea why she was uncertain about us and even though she said it was because she didn't want to rush, I knew there were other reasons as well. Reasons she's just now admitting to.

Reena has been dealing with abandonment issues ever since she was a child and it only grew worse when she became a teen. Her father not being there, and her mother neglecting her as she became started to get involve with Michael left some scars, and when she got pregnant with my baby, she really expected me to abandon her too and even though I didn't she kept up a wall because she was waiting for me to.

I figured this was holding her back, but I had no idea just how much it affected her, not until she talked to me about it and how it made her feel. When she began to cry, I finally understood and couldn't blame her for being precarious.

Now, after landing the job and we got our own place, Reena just picked a date.

I'm sitting with Claire, helping her create a Lego house when she comes in and sits beside me.

"Do you have a favorite season?"

"Season?" I ask, and when she doesn't respond I glance at her, "Like for meat?"

I glance back at her and she is staring at me with a small smile on her lips, "Oh, you mean spring winter -"

"Yes Reed." She says interrupting me. "The four seasons, which one is your favorite?"

I look up, my brows furrowed because I have no idea where this is going. "I - I don't know, Spring."

"Spring?" she repeats, and I shrug.

"It's not too cold and not too hot, plus mom is crazy about it because that's when her garden looks the best."

I look at her and she's nodding. Then when she doesn't say anything I sit up and ask "Okay, what?"

"It's nothing, I'm just trying to figure out the perfect date."

I look at her confused, "Perfect date?"

She sighs and leans in, "Yes, the perfect date for our wedding."

I stare at her for a good minute then she smiles, and I pull her into a tight hug. She muffles something, and I let her go, "Are you serious?"

She laughs, "Yes, I am serious." She takes up Claire and bounces her on her lap. "You heard that pumpkin, mommy and daddy are getting married."

Claire claps and she turns to me, "Can I be a pretty flower girl?" I kiss her on her cheek.

"The prettiest." I respond, and she smiles and starts clapping, "Can I tell grand-pa and grand-ma?"

I look at Reena and she's smiling, "Can I daddy?" She says, and I look down at her, "Of course you can, but let's wait until we go there tonight for dinner."

She jumps from my lap and runs to her room.

"What is she doing?" Reena asks, and I shrug, "Probably went to pick out her dress and shoe,  unlike you she loves to get dressed up."

Reena laughs loudly. "That's because I like getting undressed more."

She gives me a wicked look and I pull her closer to me. "I don't think you like getting undressed enough."

She bites her lips and her eyes lower to where her hand is resting, right above the line of my pants. She slides her hands under and looks back up at me. "We could work on that. Don't you agree?"

I get up and we move to our room where I lock the door. When I turn around, she's standing behind me and she's already removing her dress. Before she can get it over her head, I stop her and gracefully pin her to the wall. "I think this is good enough."

I kiss the nape of her neck and when she trembles, I run my hands over her chest, then down her belly until I find her sweet spot. When she releases a soft moan, I place a hand over her mouth and ever so gently slide in.

I have her against the wall and I am caressing her and kissing on her ear.

"Please" I hear her mutter and I slide down and get on my knees. She whimpers and trembles, and curse softly under her breath. Then I pull her down and take her from behind. She starts to tremble, and I know, so I go harder until she stops and she's lying on her stomach breathing hard.

"Come, now we get to practice." I take her up and pull her into the shower where we start round two.

***

Hi guys, first let me just wish all of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thanks for your continued support and I hope you guys achieve all your goals this year and more!

Once again, happy reading.