Chapter 29 - Emma

I watch Andrew who stands behind me, a big smile plastered on his face. He seems happy, and that makes me happy.

I look back at the giant bear and then the rings and then back at Andrew. He's my biggest prize, I don't need a stuffed bear.

I make my way back to Andrew as he wraps an arm around my back. "That was a good attempt, babe."

I smile. "Yeah, right."

Andrew grins beside me as he leads me away from the ring toss.

The crowd is enormous this time, more people then I've seen in the whole of Algard. I don't remember the last festival ever being this crowded.

I stop in my tracks. Tapping on Andrew's shoulder to draw his attention, I point at Richard. Once Andrew sees what I see, I ask the question. "Since when did Richard have a girl?"

Andrew turns to face the direction I'm pointing at. He sees what I see, and I can tell he's just as confused. Especially because Richard is his best friend and as far as Andrew went, he knew everything about Richard.

He smiles and turns to face me. "I guess he got lucky."

I slap his shoulder as I grin. "Lucky, huh? I'm pretty sure she's the one who got lucky."

Andrew lifts an eyebrow in my direction. "Is that so? Then what did I get?"

I wink. "Me," I say pointing both my thumbs in my direction.

Andrew kisses the side of my cheek as he loops his arm around my back. The kiss takes me by surprise and I'm pretty sure my mouth opens in a gapping O. He pulls me close, my chest bumping into his as a small mischievous smile appears on his face.

I blink almost lost for words.

We're in a crowded place and people could be staring, who knows.

"You're cute when you're nervous," Andrew whispers.

My head whips away from the people around us and I face him. "I'm not nervous."

"Oh yeah," he says. "So if I kiss you right here and now, you wouldn't mind?"

My throat tightens. "You wouldn't dare!"

Andrew laughs in my ear as he holds me. "Then admit it."

"I am not nervous," I tell him. "And that's final."

Without a second to spare, Andrew's hand around my back presses me further closer to him. His lips find mine and before I know it, he's kissing me.

It feels good but I don't tell him that. Actually I'm pretty sure that I just freeze in my spot.

His hand travels down my back. I try not to make it obvious the effect he has on me but I shiver from the impact. His touch is like fire and it burns in my soul. I'm so desperate for it and I had no idea.

He pulls his lips away and brings them to my ear. "That's not the only thing I have in mind."

I go rigid in his arms. If he can kiss me so passionately in public like that, then what else can he do.

I swallow. "Please don't," I say.

I grab his t-shirt in my fist. He probably has no idea the things he makes me feel.

Andrew pulls back and watches me. "See," he says. "You're cute when you're nervous."

He kisses my forehead and grabs my hand in his.

I turn around and watch the crowd of people but no one is looking at us. Behind me, Andrew chuckles as he gives my hand a squeeze, forcing me to look back at him.

This time however, he's not standing in front of me, he's kneeling. My heart beats fast. Is this what I think it is?

I take a deep breath and try to control my emotions as Andrew gives me a warm hearted smile.

He pulls out a small velvet box out of his pocket, drops my hand and opens the box. A gorgeous ring sits in the centre. A lovely gold band crusted with diamonds around the band and a larger diamond shaped one in the centre. My heart sinks because this must definitely cost more than what Andrew can afford and I don't want him to put himself in a bad position for me.

"Emma," he says.

"Uh huh," is all the words that come out of my mouth and all that I can muster at this moment.

Andrew shakes his head as he chuckles before looking me deadset in the eyes. "Will you marry me?"

Around us, small fireworks explode in a circle almost encompassing us in it. Before I can say a word, a group of people inch closer. I notice Gabby and Richard and even a few other guys that Andrew used to hang out with when I first saw him.

My smile grows bigger as I shout, "yes!"

My hands go around his neck and lifts me up, giving me a swirl whilst hugging me at the same time. He gently places me back on my feet and slides the ring on my finger before leaning in to kiss me.

It should especially feel awkward now that everyone is definitely staring but it doesn't. This is sealing the deal and I want the world to know that I love Andrew.

When we pull back from the kids, everyone is clapping and cheering us on. Gabby gives me a hug and gently wipes the tear from the corner of her eye whilst Richard claps me on the back and tells me how proud of us he is.

I stare at the ring and look back at Andrew. It's gorgeous and so much than I could ever imagine for a ring but I don't want Andrew to suffer. I lean into him and whisper, "please tell me this ring isn't going to break the bank for you."

Andrew gives my hips a squeeze before pulling back to look me in the eyes. "No, darling," he says. "It belonged to my mother and I'm sure she'd love for you to have it."

I smile even bigger because the sentiment behind it means the world. In a way, it's almost like I've got his parents' blessing.