Chapter 3 - Emma

This time I'm prepared, I've brought a towel with me and I've worn my bikini under my shorts and tank top.

The water feels warm amongst my toes. I smile. This is what I live for. Back in Williams Square I'd always go to the beach. I didn't live close to one but it never stopped me. There was a peaceful feeling being amongst the sand and water. Here I actually live near the beach. It's clearly not a big beach but to be honest, I like it this small. It's comfy and private.

I lay the towel by the sand and strip down to my bikini. I grab my book and lay stomach down on my towel. I could use a soft tan. I've gone a bit pale.

I brush my golden coloured hair away from my face as wind blows in my direction. The sound of something falling across the sand draws my attention. I tilt my head to see. It's a surfboard and there in the water is a guy. It's hard to see who he is because his back is turned to me but chances are I don't know them anyways. I mean I'm new here in Algard.

I turn back to my book but for a second I feel like it's Andrew in the water. For some odd reason I can't get him out of my mind. It's not like it matters, we barely know each other. He only fixed my car once but I guess it was generous of him not to charge me for it. I feel bad though because he works there to get paid. Maybe I should've insisted more towards paying.

I hear the surfboard being dragged across the sand.  Curiosity pulls me in and forces me to turn. It is Andrew. I was right. I don't know how I knew but I just did.

My eyes go down to his abs immediately and for a moment, I feel like he notices me so I immediately look back at my book. Though he couldn't have seen me, he was busy looking at the waves.

I pull my sunglasses over my eyes and turn back on my stomach to read my book. Why is it that the two times I've been here, I've bumped into him? It seems like no one comes here and that this beach is possibly abandoned. Maybe not many know of this place or they perhaps just don't come. He does though and I imagine often because I've seen him twice.

I hold my breath. Now I can't seem to concentrate on my book. I turn to face the water and sit up, leaning my back against the rock behind me. Andrew does a cool flip against the water. I hold my book up as if I'm reading but I'm not, I'm looking at Andrew. It's bad, I know.

I grab my phone as a distraction. Little reception. I was supposed to call my friends and inform them I got here safe and to tell them how Algard is but reception is horrible.

I get up. I've worn a bikini. I intended to swim, so I may as well. I walk over to the water and dip my legs in first. It's a bit cool which makes me jump a few times but soon I walk in deeper, immersing my whole body in water.

"Nice to see you here," someone says.

I turn to notice Andrew. My mind goes blank on what to say. Do I say the same back? I don't want him knowing that I knew he was here.

"Hey Andrew," I say.

He throws his board against the sand. "I don't see people here often."

I nod. "It's a good place. Isolated and private. I like it."

Andrew smiles. "That's exactly why I come here."

I walk a little out of the water to join him by the  sand. "You surf?"

Andrew nods. "Since I was a kid."

I smile. "That's impressive."

"Do you?"

I shake my head. "Aha, I wish."

He lifts his eyebrow and tilts his head. "You don't know how to surf. It's a tradition here in Algard. Almost everyone knows how to," he says as he leans forward grabbing my hand. "Come on, I'll show you."