29. Plan in Action

LAURA

"You sure this will work?" I asked Aubrey. We were currently outside my house after school; me, her, Rose and Cameron. Aubrey told me that Cameron had taken half day off from his work so we could bring our plan in action. I seriously did not know what I did to deserve friends like them. "We won't know unless we try." Aubrey said. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was terrified. The plan was simple. Go inside like usual, act casual as if nothing happened and when he leaves, let them in so they could fix the cameras, when he returns do something to make him angry and then lure him in admitting the truth. That sounded easy but I knew what more was to come. It was not going to be as simple as it sounded.

"You can do this. Remember you're not alone. Just keep your phone connected." Cameron said, They could not peep from the window right now, it was still bright outside and we could not risk him getting suspicious, or seeing them so my phone would be connected to Aubrey's. They would be able to hear everything that was going on. And afterwards, when the cameras were fixed, they would be able to see it all in Rose' IPad. I took a deep breath and started towards my house.

Once inside, I announced that I was home, as usual. He was sitting in front of the television in the living room. "Go make me something to eat then lock yourself in your room and study." He ordered, standing up from the couch and coming over to me, he took a fistful of my hair, "And by studying I mean only study! Got it?" He said, and I nodded, knowing better not to wince or show him any hint of pain or else it gets worse. He let go of my hair and sat back on his usual spot where he was moments ago. I quickly made my way to the kitchen.

***
I heard the front door click, and I instantly sprang into action. Opening the back door of the house I let my friends in and we quickly did our work. We placed cameras, two in the living room, one in kitchen, one in my room and one in his. We only had ten minutes to do this so we split up in different places. They were about to leave from the back gate when I heard the front door rattle. He's here! I quickly rushed back to my room, and continued to study, trusting Aubrey to close the door as they left. "Hey! Make me a cup of tea." I heard him yell from the living room, getting on my feet again I shouted an okay before making my way to the kitchen. I glanced at the clock, thirty seconds until they give me confirmation, I bit my lip, and exactly on time my phone vibrated in my pocket; indicating that they have got the whole house in view.

Thank God! Phase 1: Completed. Now phase 2.

I purposely did not add sugar in his tea. That would get him mad and that was exactly what I have to do. I waited for him to shout for me, and he did. "Where the hell is my tea! Did you die in the damn kitchen or what?!" I heard him yell, I waited a few more seconds before taking out my phone and hiding it in the drawer and taking the cup of tea with me. I shakily kept the cup on the table in front of him. He looked at me with hatred in his eyes. I stood there and watch him sip the tea, and as soon as he did he spat it out, throwing the cup across the room. I tried not to flinch at the crashing sound. "What the hell is this?" he stood up, "I'm giving you one more chance, bitch. Go and make it again, or else..." I did not let him finish, "Or else what? I'm your daughter, not your servant! Try to treat me like one!" I shouted in his face, suddenly feeling more confident that before.

My left cheek started to sting when I realized I just earned myself a slap from him. Genius. I backed away, now using his anger as my weapon. "You are sick, you old man! I hate you! I don't know what my mother saw in you when she married you, all you did was torture her! Torture her until you killed her!" I said, tears running down my cheeks at the thought of my mother. He was beyond angry now, fuming. I was harshly grabbed by the collar of my shirt and thrown against the table, the vase crashed down under my weight and I felt the broken pieces of glass piercing my arms. "Your mother killed my baby. She deserved that and she got lucky that she died soon. That belt wasn't meant to kill her. But being a pathetic weak creature she just died. I didn't even have enough fun with her." I heard him say.