12. Back off bitch

ROSE

My eyes opened to an unfamiliar room. My head was spinning and it was like someone had hit it hard with something. I looked around the room, surely I was in a hospital room but the strange part was I don't recall coming here. How did I get here? I tried to think but my head was shot up with another wave of pain and I groaned. I somehow pressed the button on the side of my bed to call the nurse, and surely in seconds the nurse entered. what I did not expect was the woman behind her who did not even hesitate and pulled me in her arms so hard that I could not even breathe; she kept murmuring things like, I'm so happy you're awake and what would I do if something happened to you, stuff like that.

To be completely honest, I did not know who this woman was. It was strange I knew that I was in a hospital but I did not recall coming here. I knew how to call the nurse but somehow my mind was totally blank, I had no recollection of a single thing that I have been doing before coming here. I awkwardly just sat there before speaking, "Um. Ma'am can you let go of me? I can't breathe." She immediately let me go and stared at me in surprise. Now that I noticed, she was very pretty, her blonde hair were tied in a loose bun and her green eyes held so much worry and concern. It looked like she had been crying, but...why? Why is this woman in my room, hugging the living daylights out of me when I don't even know her? She was taken by surprise by what I said and watched me in horror before saying. "Honey, are you feeling okay?" she looked like she was about to faint any moment, she was barely keeping her eyes fully open. hah! I Should be the one asking that question, not her.

"Yeah I'm fine. But... who are you?" I said awkwardly, not thinking once. Already my head was killing me. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. Then just like that she was rushing out of the room looking for a doctor. O....kay what just happened?

***
I came to know that I have Amnesia, memory loss, which explained why I could not even remember who I was. That woman earlier was Teresa Maxwell, my mother, she told me everything she knew about me, like how was I adopted, where we lived, when we moved to Cynthrane and yeah not to mention about that boy I punched earlier. I was not sure why I did that but his closeness caught me by surprise. And he was continuously calling me flower which I came to know was the nick name he gave me. She told me Ashton, (that guy's name) and I were friends since we were eight years old and we went to the same school. Of course I could not recall any of it.

I tried to ask her how did I end up in the hospital and had this Amnesia thing, but she did not tell me. Surely I may have gotten into an accident which cost me my memories.

I was discharged from hospital three days after. Mum was happy to take me home. She did not say it but I knew she was hopeful that once I go home and resume my life, I would be able to remember things I have forgotten. Honestly I wished the same, I was unaware about what I have missed by forgetting seventeen years of my life.

I somehow convinced her that I will start school from the next day. Summer break was only two weeks ahead and I did not want to waste my time until then. At first she refused and told me to stay home and rest, but I was too persistent, I have already been missing school for 3 days and I did not want to wait any longer. I wanted to continue my life, I wanted to see and know who I was before. I called Ash the following night and apologized for the punch, he said it was fine and that he really wished I would remember him. I did too but I could not put pressure on my mind. The headache does not seem to cope with me these days so I have been just reading and watching movies to refrain my mind from trying to remember. My vision also seemed to trouble me so I got me eyes checked. It might be because of the accident, I have to wear glasses at times of reading. 

"Honey, are you sure you want to start school tomorrow?" Mum came in my room and sat on the side of my bed. She was worried about me, I could see that clearly, but if I want to remember things, I have to start walking on the path I walked on before. I held her hand and smiled. "Yeah I'm sure. I want to start school and begin everything from a new perspective." I told her. She gave me a reassuring smile and kissed my forehead. "As you wish, sweetie. You might as well get to bed now if you wish not to be late for school tomorrow." She said and I nodded, smiling. She closed the door behind her and I lied down on bed, turning off the lights. If I look on the bright side, it was good that I don't remember anything, meanwhile I don't have any regrets or any problems. I have a loving mother, a good friend and a wonderful place to live, what else could I wish for? I have everything and maybe for the first time in a long time, I was happy.