Chapter 15

Felix's POV

"I.. I love you Kaiden. I'll see you tomorrow." I said dragging myself out of the room.

I turned and faced him while standing in the doorway, he flashed a concerned smile.

"I love you too, Felix."

I smiled back at him before turning away and leaving the hospital.

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Valerie's number.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello?" She said over the sound of scrunching.

"Hey Val, I'm on my way now. I just thought I'd let you know.."

"No problem I'll see you soon!"

*click*

I got on my bike and peddled slowly towards Valerie's house taking everything in from tonight. Telling Kaiden I love him, everything with dad, all the sadness that had come with it.

I had clearly been thinking too deep about it because I already arrived at Valerie's house, and it's not like it's a 5 minute ride either.

I walked my bike up to her front porch and sat it next to the door before knocking.

"Hey Felix! Come inside!" Valerie's older sister, Toni, answered.

"I haven't seen you in so long bud, how have you been?!" She continued as she placed her arm around my shoulder and walked inside to the kitchen.

"I've had better days, I guess" I said looking down at my feet.

"Felix!!" Valerie shot up from her chair and ran to hug me carefully. Now I know why I heard scrunching.. hair dying time.

"Nice hair." I smirked

"Yep! It's time for some change!"

"That's what you said two weeks ago.." Toni interrupted.

"Yes but now it's pink instead!!"

I sat there awkwardly as they bickered about how often change has to be made. I think they noticed.

"I'm going to go wash this out, you two chat!" Valerie, pointed at the two of us while walking into the hallway.

"So what do you mean by you've had better days?" Toni turned to me.

Valerie was nothing like Toni, yes she was still outgoing but looked a lot different. Toni had a chocolate brown natural hair colour to match her eyes, she had a few tattoos here and there and always wore minimal amounts of makeup. Last time I saw her she had two tattoos, a rose behind her ear and some writing in her wrist, now she has a half sleeve.

"Well yknow.." I paused "parent issues, dad cheated, mum now knows because I came into the house screaming at him because I saw him with another woman.."

"Oh... yeah I can see how you've had better days then."

I smirked and breathed a little louder out of my nose.

"So how's Ryan?" I wanted to change the subject.

"He's well. Working hard as usual.."

Ryan is Toni's fiancé, he's a trade and works all hours of the day. Toni and Ryan live together, about an hour away.

The conversation started dieing down and I ended up just looking around awkwardly just as Val walked out of the hallway.

"Soooo. What do you guys think!?" she questioned while twirling around.