Chapter 2.

Kaiden's POV

I saw Valerie waving and wondered who she was waving to. I followed her eyes to the tree, there was a boy sitting under it. I'm pretty sure that's the guy I could have sworn staring at me this morning. Oh well I don't mind he looked cute from a distance. We got to the tree and Valerie and Alex sat down, I stood there awkwardly.

“Kaiden, sit.” Alex patted the spot next to her and smiled.

I sat and looked over at the other boy, he looked as if he didn't want to make eye contact, I wonder why..

“Hi, I... I'm Kaiden.” I held my hand out to the boy politely as if to greet him. He looked up and I hat to stop myself from dribbling. He has the most gorgeous green eyes and his black hair suited him perfectly. Yes he looked cute from a distance, but he looked extremely cute up close.

One thing you don't know about me is, I'm gay. No one knows it, only I do. Also I'm an only child so it kinda makes it hard to talk to someone about it. I guess I could tell Alex, but I don't know how she'd take it. I'll just keep it to myself for now.

“Uh, hey” He took my hand and shook it “I'm Felix, nice to meet you.” He smiled a little bit, his face turning red. What's up with that?

I smiled back at him and pulled my hand away.

“OH! Valerie and I have been trying to plan this for a while but we're thinking of a zoo trip.” Alex said jumping up and down on the spot.

“Yeah! I was about to mention that. YOU'RE A MIND READER!” Valerie replied with a huge smile and a fake shocked face. It made me giggle.

“So how would you two like to join us?” Alex asked with a face that made you want to say yes straight out. So I did.

“Yes.” I said just a little bit louder then I had expected, I think I may have startled Felix because he jumped and put his hand to his chest.

“Gosh, thanks for the heart attack man, geez!” He said breathing heavily, I smiled back at him and he rolled his eyes.

“So Felix, you gonna come to?” Alex asked.

“Yeah, yeah! Come too Felix!” Valerie joined in, they kept pestering him until he said yes.

“FINE! I'll come!” He huffed and blew his fringe out of his eyes. I thought it was adorable when he did that and pouted while crossing his arms. I giggled that.

“What are you laughing at hm?” He said looking at me in the eyes.

“Oh nothing..” I looked around

“Yeah sure.” He crossed his arms again and stared at the sky.

I started to giggle again, he looked at me in kind of a glare way from the corner of his eye. That only made me laugh more.

As I started to calm down and wipe the tears from my eyes the bell went. Biology time. I got up, hugged Alex and Valerie, waved to Felix who was still glaring at me and was on my way.

I took my seat at the front of the class as all the other students walked in and saw Felix walk in among them.

“Felix, over here!” I called to him, He glared and sat next to me.

“Hey sorry about laughing at you, I couldn't help myself..” I apologized.

“Hm, yeah I noticed.” He replied getting his things out.

“You don't really feel like going to the zoo do you?”

“it's not that, I want to go, but my sister will probably have to come with us, mum makes me take her everywhere.”