Chapter 4

Kaiden's POV

The week went by too fast and Felix and I have become closer friends, we hug sorta, but I think he finds it awkward. Anyway its Saturday now and I'm really not looking forward to seeing my dad. It's been 14 years since I last saw him and I barely remember him. Guess I don't have much of a choice now do I? He'll be here soon... Now mum has gone off doing her own thing leaving me to face him on my own, I guess it's a free lunch for me. That put a smile on my face. 

Mum already left and it was around 9:30am so I got some decent clothes together and went for a shower. I noticed I sing in the shower, I caught myself singing that song from Titanic once and it sounded quite horrible. I grabbed my shampoo and rubbed it in my hair washed it out and then conditioned it. It'll be fluffy as when I get out and dry it. I ended up just standing there for a while just doing nothing. Then I got the thought of Felix in my head. I liked him, I think I liked him more then I thought I could like anyone. He's adorable and he has the most amazing personality. I wonder what he thinks about me..

I got out the shower, got dressed and dryed my hair, I clearly spent way too much time getting myself ready because there was a knock on the door and it was 10:30. I ran to the front door anxious to see what Dad looks like. I took a deep breath to calm myself down and opened the front door. 

"Delivery for a Mr. Kaiden Howard." Phew! It was just the delivery man, got me all stressed out for nothing.

"That'd be me." I grabbed the  package and placed it down to sign that electronic signy thingy. I said thanks and closed the door. Just as I turned around to go to the lounge there was another knock at the door. Okay, this will be him, don't be nervous, he's your father. I re-opened the door and there was a tall man with short black hair standing before me, he had large brown eyes that reminded me of Valerie.

"Uh, can I help you?" I said. Damn it Kaiden this could be your father, nice going.

"Kaiden? Is... Is that you?" He replied. Yep, that was my dad, I mentally slapped myself in the face.

He held his arms out for a hug, I guessed I shouldn't leave him there, he'll probably feel like an idiot , so I hugged him. 

"I've missed you son. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping in contact,  I just didn't know how you'd take it." He said still hugging me.

I broke the hug "You still could have tried.. Let me grab my keys and we'll get going."

I locked up the house and looked at dad, he looked really upset. I bet I did that with the way I spoke to him. He must be living the good life, he has a Porche, I don't know what type, but I knew it was one from the silver lettering on the back.

"Nice car.." I mumbled

"What was that?"

"Hm? Nothing." Here's dad, looking like he's living the life, leather jacket, Rolex on his right arm, Porche, whats next? A mansion? Sheesh. We sat in the car and were on our way. We passed McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks, where the hell are we going? Finally after what seemed like half an hours of driving around we stopped at some little diner that I've never heard of before. Then again I don't know much around here..

"So, hows life been without me?" Dad asked while unbuckling his seat belt and getting out the car.

"It's been fine, mum and I have been doing well. I've got new friend that I'm going to the Zoo with tomorrow."

"Oh well isnt that nice?"

We entered the diner and sat at a booth. We both ordered our food and then started chatting.

"So why did you and mum even get a divorce? To this day I still do not know?" I asked, trying not to get too nosey.

"She didn't tell you? Oh okay, um how do I start..." He tapped his chin, I just stared at him. "I don't know how to put this, but don't be afraid of this. Kaiden. I... I'm gay.. Your mother found out and left me right there on the spot."