Franco Giovanni

"Barbara please get me all those contacts up in my cabin. I owe you big time.. Yes. Thank you. I'll be waiting." I hung the call massaging my temple. The devil this time dropped a massive bomb on me.

Heaving a deep sigh, I started preparing my presentation. I've got two fucking hours to impress everyone. It is true that he already told me about my presentation and I should've been prepared and that is why I hate him more. I've got no right to complain.

Barbara came up with the files right when I was done stabbing the devil a hundred times or so in my mind. "Here are the contacts you needed. The devil had you cornered real good this time huh?" she smiled apologetically.

"My dad couldn't find anyone better then this devil?" I sighed. "Don't worry Winter. I have faith in you. Show him what you've learned so far!" she cheered.

"Yes! Sweetheart. Show that devil whom he's messing with. " came the voice of Josh. Simon was with him too. They were carrying bags filled with sweet goodness and a cup of coffee.

"Is that for me?" I ask smiling like a child on Christmas. "Everything is for you Winter. " they laughed as I cheered. "Thank you so much guys. I owe you guys a big time." I hugged them tightly showing my appreciation.

"You're making me tear up girl. Come on boys, let's move out and let her do her work. " Barbara hugs me again and they leave after wishing me luck. I'm lucky indeed to meet such wonderful souls.

Now onto my work. I really have to show what I can do. This is my only chance to show the devil that I wasn't slacking at my work, that I'm not that dumb to not get anything, that even a lady like myself can smoothly run a company and sign a deal.

I went through all the contacts of the interior engineers the company had made deals with so far and the history. "I think I found my guy!" I laughed like a maniac and dialed the number.

"Giovanni Enterprises. How may I help you?" answered a female voice. "Hello. I'm speaking from Facchinetti Corp. I would like to speak to Mr. Giovanni please. It is an emergency. " I replied.

"Please hold on ma'am." She said and there was complete silence. I waited anxiously. I know that sudden calls like this, the head never accepts it. They don't have time for this. Even the devil hates this kind of calls. Note to self: Always make time if it's an emergency and not be like the devil. Damn right.

Some minutes later. "Excuse ma'am. I'll now connect your call to Mr. Giovanni. Have a good day. " she said and I did a little happy dance. "Thank you." I replied.

"Giovanni speaking. " Came a very calm and soothing manly voice. "Mr. Giovanni. I'm Winter Rodriguez speaking from Facchinetti Corp. I'm sorry for the sudden call." I said in my professional tone. Yay! I sound like dad. Crazy!

"Yes Miss Rodriguez? It's okay. How may I help you?" he spoke in the same professional voice like everyone does but more friendlier. "Yes. I need some help regarding the interior of a hotel." I spoke. "I can be free for an hour next week. Maybe we can set an appointment then?" he said and my face fell.

I don't have time. "No!" I accidentally yelled out. "My ear. " he said. I smiled sheepishly. "I'm so sorry. " I apologized. "No it's okay. " he laughed making me more embarrassed.

"Mr. Giovanni I seriously need your immediate help. " I pleaded and told him what I was supposed to tell. There was no response from him for a while and I was sure that he'll not agree. After a pregnant pause "Okay Miss. Rodriguez. Meet me in Roosevelt cafe in 10 mins. " he said and cut the call. I couldn't even thank him.

I hurriedly gathered my necessary docs and rushed off. Luckily the cafe is just six minutes walk from the office. I got there and sat on an empty seat on the back and set up my stuffs.
A dark figure appeared in front of me and I looked up to find a handsome man starring right back at me.