The Party

"There will always be a day which will be hard to pull off but a smile of someone, someone precious will always make you stirred for a new one."

Shree's Perspective

I put on some moisturizer, filled my lips, lined eyes with liner and a tint of vermilion over my parting, lastly I tied that black chain around my neck and screwed the bolt of diamond studs. I selected to wear a white and golden embroidered sari for the party today; it was what Abhimanyu hinted me to wear. I was simpering all the while when he was pointed in direction to me to wear the sari.

"Why have you thrown my sari on the bed?" I was irked at him.

"Why did you stuff it in my side? I was having a difficult time finding my shirt." He said with his face shoved in the cupboard.

I sighed, "Seriously, Abhimanyu." And, I gathered my sari to stuff inside my side of the cupboard. He looked at me surprised, "Why are you putting it back? Don't you have to get ready?"

"I have to but I can't leave it on the bed in disheveled state."

"Why don't you wear it, then?"

"I already have selected my dress to wear."

"Please." He sighed, "Don't wear jeans and look like a guy."

"I look like a guy when I wear jeans?" It was incredulous. He chuckled and shook his head, "I mean it's our reception party. Wear sari. Actually, wear this. It is good."

I decided it then that I would wear it only. Though, he hadn't guessed it right, I wasn't going to wear jeans anyway.

"Shree...how much time will you take?" Abhimanyu asked clasping his watch on his wrist and I looked at him through mirror. "Ten minutes."
His eyes met mine through mirror and he blinked, "I am out. Come fast."

Jiggling the car keys, he moved out. I sprayed perfume and grabbed my clutch. When I stepped outside, I saw him sitting on the driver's seat and using his mobile.
"Let's go!" He darted his eyes on me and whispered coming out, "You look ravishing."
"Thanks" I pursed my lips, coyly.

"Shall we go now?"

"Sure." And he drove to the banquet hall where his friends had organized the reception party for us. That's kind of funny that my reception was taking place after two month. Meantime, I'd witnessed numerous phase of The Abhimanyu; caring, lovely, teasing and arrogant, cocky.
He tuned in the radio and a romantic song boomed through speakers. The melody suited my muse aptly, lyrics like written for me. I closed my eyes and rested my head against the seat. The ride's silent, pleasing. Soon, we reached our destination and Abhimanyu parked the car, I climbed out and flicked my hair to fluff them. It was a decent restaurant on the outskirts of Jaipur; Abhimanyu had notified me that it belonged to Kartik's dad. Kartik was the owner of prevalent hotel chain in the Jaipur and its branches were spread across the Jodhpur and Udaipur.
"Come!" He stretched out his hand for me and I gripped. He led me to the entrance and his friends swarmed up. He introduced me to everyone. With that, I just lost my husband, not literally, but Kastoori and Sneha stuck next to me while he got busy with his friends. I got to know that there group had ten people but Abhimanyu was close to Kartik, Mehul and Bharat.

"So," Sneha passed me the cold drink, "Long time! We last met on your wedding." Sneha chirped and I smiled, "Yeah, actually the work caught me up. Anyways, how are you both?"
"I am good. Right before you." She chuckled and Kastoori intervened, "So where to? For your honeymoon?"
"Haven't decided, yet. Perhaps won't go for I am busy and Abhimanyu is also-"
"Busy for honeymoon!!" Sneha exclaimed. "You gotta be kidding. Bharat and I didn't join office for next two months."
"Di, Bharat jiju hadn't left you even after that. You didn't even come home." Kastoori rolled her eyes and I raised my eyebrows "Di?"
"Yeah!" Sneha smiled. "We're cousins. I played cupid for their marriage."
"But Kartik is not of your caste." I had some curiosity.
"Actually di and jiju had inter-caste love marriage and Kartik is Brahmin, we are also Brahmin. So di sought his proposal for me and vice versa. Our family clicked, we clicked. Hence we're married." Kastoori explained, showing her ring.
"Interesting." I chuckled, "How long have you two been married?"
"I over two years and Kastoori and Kartik over one year." Sneha looked at Kastoori for confirmation and she nodded, "One year and four months precisely."