The First Fight

"You'll get a thousand reasons to be demoralized but if you really want to fix everything. That one single reason of sticking together is worth trying hard."

Abhimanyu's Perspective

"Why did not you pick up my calls?" She howled at the entrance. 

"You asked me not to disturb you for these three days." 

"But" She looked mad. "But I called you, so you should pick it up."

Exhaling, I ignored her words "This is the part where you must call me in." I reminded manners to her.

She murmured. "I was just getting to that." and clicked open the door, ushering me in.

"Butu! Did you check who's on the do-" Her mom stopped in her tracks as she noticed me. I smiled and touched her feet, passing nectarines to her. "Hello, mom!"

"God bless you son. You got late." She pressed her palm on my head and I stood up. "Yeah, meeting took long."

"No worries go get fresh." She turned to Shree, "Take him to the room."

The moment I entered, Shree spun around and put her arms on her waist. "Now answer, why you didn't pick my call?"

"I just answered that." I removed my tie, walking past her but she followed. "Why do I smell lies here?

"Diagnose your nose then." I scoffed and went inside bathroom, cleansed my face, hands and foot. I came out puffing my face towel dry. 

"Come! Everyone is calling you downstairs." She called and we headed downstairs.

"Hello, dad!" I greeted her dad and we got indulge in conversation, meanwhile she served snacks and welcomed her friends.

Shree's Perspective

"Why am I urging to kill him? He's hurt you a lot." Rhea muttered in my ear, as she hugged me and I twitched my lips. "No don't worry I know how to deal with him."

"Okay...kids, enjoy. I have some work." Dad excused himself and delved in his study room. 

"So, how's everything going?" Akshat asked and the men got immerse in their high professional conversation, completely avoiding our presence. 

"Oh ho! Akshat!" Rhea slapped his forearm. "You are boring him. Stop being professional, sometime." She chided. 

"No no, I love talking business. There's nothing like that." Abhimanyu immediately said and Rhea gave him a dreamy look. "Oh jij! How smart you are!"

I eyed Rhea incredibly. Did she just say that? How could she?

"Um...thank you." Abhimanyu smiled awkwardly and Akshat was shocked.

"Akshat sit aside, I want to sit beside Abhimanyu." She literally pushed Akshat and sat beside him. "Oh! I can call you Abhimanyu. Right jij?"

My eyes popped out at her salacious manner. What the hell is going on?

"Yeah alright!" Exasperation and somewhat fear practically oozed out from Abhimanyu and I and Akshat watched this opera passes free. 

"What has happened to her?" Akshat whispered to me sitting beside and I couldn't look away from the ongoing scene. "I have no idea."

"Haw haw haw... You are so funny Abhi." She dramatically laughed over a serious statement and gently slapped Abhimanyu's arm, much to my discomfort and Akshat's jealousy. 

He groaned, clutching my arm, "Ask her to stop right now or I'll kiss her before everyone." I gaped at him to only trace seriousness. No no no! I don't want any pg-13 rated actions before my parents and definitely not before Abhimanyu.