Lost & Found

Chapter 29

Drakes POV

"Missing? What the fûck do you mean she's missing?!" I ask angrily. "She never came home from school yesterday." Talia says as she sips on her chocolate milk. "And how did you find out about this before me?" I ask. "You don't have connections, or other friends." She shrugs.

I storm out of the house and immediately head over to Megan's place. I knock on the door and wait for an answer, "Where is she?" I ask Mrs. Neverson immediately. She sniffles and wipes her eyes, "We still don't know."

She begins full on crying and I give her a comforting hug. "We'll find her." I say quietly. Megan's dad storms into the room and points at me, "You! Where is my daughter!"

"Like I would know, you broke us up remember?" I spat. "I will make sure you're thrown in jail and rot there." He spat back. "You think I have to do with Megan's disappearance? Oh great, just fûcking great."

"Boys! Stop with this! My baby is missing and we need to find her!" Mrs. Neverson exclaims. I take a deep breath and nod, Mr. Neverson just glared at me. "Have you contacted the police?" I ask. Megan's mom nods before stepping outside for some air. "I'll prove to you I had nothing to do with this, I'll bring her back." I say to Mr. Neverson.

Megan's mom rushes back into the house with an envelope in her hand, "Look at this!" She says handing it to Mr. Neverson. I look over his shoulder and notice the envelope has Megan's name written on the front.

"I expect $200,000 for the girl, you owe me Charles." Mr. Neverson reads out loud. "So this is your fault." I mumble. "Don't you dare say this is my fault." He glares. "Boys! Once again, focus. This is a clue, let's take it to the police!"

I grab the letter and look it over, "I know this handwriting." I say. "Who do you owe money to?" I ask him. "That is none of your business."

"Charles!" Mrs. Neverson exclaims. "Okay fine, a woman named Chloe Santiago. She loaned me some a while back and I haven't paid her back."

"And why are you getting loans from strange women?" Mrs. Neverson asks suspiciously. "Honey I swear to you it's nothing like that, I'll explain when we're alone." He says eyeing me. I roll my eyes, "Okay look I've seen this handwriting at school before." I take a picture of the letter.

"I'll be back." I say handing them the letter. "Wait the police can do that!" Mr. Neverson says. "And they take too long, I'll find her my self." I say as I walk out of the door and over to my house. "Talia let's go." She nods and follows me out to the car. We drive to school and head inside, it's still open since it's only about to hit 5 o'clock.

"Alright find something that matches this handwriting." I say sending her the picture. "Aw look at you doing detective work to get your girlfriend back." She teases. "She's not my girlfriend."

"You wish she was." She says as she looks around. After about 45 minutes in and out of teachers classrooms who were still there and let us in, Talia finally let out a "Bingo!"

I looked over at her, "You found a match?" I ask. She nods, "I believe so." She hands me the paper, "Tyler? Let's go."

I thank the teacher and we rush off campus, "So who's this Tyler kid?" She asks. "An idiot who won't get over Megan."

"So he kidnapped her? Sheesh I wish someone was that obsessed with me."

I shake my head, "The person who sent the letter wants money in exchange for Megan. And whoever they are wants Megan's dad to pay them back because he owes them. And the only person who he owes right now that he says is Chloe Santiago."