Realization

Chapter 27

Megan's POV

"Megan someone is at the door for you!" My mom calls from downstairs. I groan and get up from my desk. I wasn't expecting anyone, I really hope it's not Mason or something. I head down the stairs to the front door and I'm face to face with a red headed tattooed girl, who I've never seen before.

"Can I help you?" I ask. She looks me over then smiles, "You're gorgeous, no wonder he loves you so much."

"Excuse me?" I question. "Spin please." She asks. I quirk an eyebrow, "Once again, excuse me? Can you tell me who you are and why you're at my house asking me to-"

She groans and circles herself around me before smirking, "Nice little butt too. I'm Talia, Drakes best friend from Connecticut."

I look her over and recognize the red hair, "Best friend? With benefits or something?" She gags, "I wouldn't touch him in that way if someone paid me, that's just wrong. We're practically brother and sister."

I nod my head, "But I saw you almost naked in his room the other night." She smirks again, "Snooping still I see, I used his shower and he let me dress up in there. I didn't know what to wear. But that's not why I'm here to talk about, can I come in?"

I nod my head and let her in. We head up to my room and she begins talking. "Why'd you end things with him?" She asks. I groan, "Didn't he already tell you?"

"Of course, but I want to hear your perspective of everything."

"Well alright, I found out about Annabelles death and I was really upset he didn't tell me before, that's not exactly something you keep from someone. And I was kind of scared."

"Of him? Drake is a wuss he wouldn't have the guts to kill someone." She snorts. "You say it like killing is an easy thing to do."

She shrugs, "I'm not saying I've killed someone, because I haven't. And can you blame Drake? Would you have told him if you were in his position?"

"Of course!" I exclaim. She gives me a pointed look, "So immediately on your first date or something with Drake, you'd just causally mention, 'oh and by the way I'm a suspect in a murder investigation'?"

"Well not like that but yeah." She rolls her eyes. "There's something else going on here, that's not why you broke up with him. And it's not because you're scared of him either."

"Then what is it?" I ask in a bored tone. She stares at me like she's making a scan, "You're a wimp."

"Excuse me?" I ask offended. "You say that a lot don't you?" She laughs. "Only with you around, and how am I a wimp?"

"You really like Drake, but your dad is in the way, and you just got tired of all the drama. So you broke up with him to make things easier on yourself."

"Mindreader." I mumble looking away. "It's a shame you don't feel the same for him as he does for you." She says getting up. "I do. Don't tell me how I feel about someone, I don't even know you. I love Drake alright? But it's too hard with my father in the way, so I can't do it."

"If you really loved him you could." She says before leaving. I groan releasing my frustrations by throwing a pillow. "Feelings are so stupid." I mumble.

I do love Drake, I know that. But could I still be with him, with my dad heavy on my case and a murder investigation still in process. I believe him that he didn't do it, although Drake can knock a few dudes out he's not a killer. Maybe I should go talk to him, or someone I really don't know.

I mean if I get back together with him would it even last? What if I don't actually love him? What if I'm just confused? What if my dad sends me away? Maybe I should talk to him, but let me give myself a little time before going over there again. Or maybe I should talk to my dad first he is the main thing keeping me away from Drake.

I get up off my bed and head up to my dads office. "Dad?" I ask as I knock on the door softly. "Yes? Come in." He answers. I come in and take a seat across from him. "Dad I wanted to talk to you about Drake." He puts his pen down and looks up at me. "There is nothing to talk about."

I sigh, "Why don't you like him?" He takes off his reading glasses and frowns, "He is no good for my only daughter."

"But dad I really like him, and you're hardly giving him a chance. Mom likes him, and Shawn and him have made up! You're the only one who won't except him, dad I love him." I say as a tear falls. "Aw baby, you don't know what love is, you're too young. I think maybe you should just focus on your studies for now and forget about boys. My mind was made up a long time ago when I decided I don't like him."

"But dad please." I beg as tears silently stream down my face. "I'm sorry sweetie." I storm out of the room angrily and slam his office door. I head out of the house and decide to walk down to the yogurt shop to cool off. I walk in silence as tears continue to stream down my face, they finally come to a stop when I get to Millie's Yogurt Shop. I wipe my eyes and enter the shop, taking a seat at one of the booths.

"Fancy meeting you here." Someone says as they slide into the seat across from me. "Go away." I say putting my head down on the table. Tyler smiles as he looks around, "Remember when I told you I liked you here?" He asks. "Fuck off Tyler." I growl.

"Megan what's wrong?" He asks. "None of your business why can't you ever just leave me alone!" I exclaim. "Because I still really like you, and care about you as a friend. Just tell me what's wrong I just want to help." I sigh in defeat and decide to tell him, "My dad still won't let me date Drake, and I love him."

"Did you tell your dad that?" He asks. "Yes I did, but my dads decision is made, he does not like Drake."

"Can't you make him like drake?" He suggests. "But how would I do that?" I asks. "What does your dad care about the most?"

I think for a minute before answering, "Um his family? I don't know." Tyler's face lights him, "If your dad lets you date Drake, would you be happy?" He asks. I nod my head, "Why?"

He gets up from the booth, "No reason, I have to go now I'll see you at school!" He says before leaving the shop. I watch him rush out of the door in confusion, that guy can be very weird.

I decide to head back home and get into bed, taking a long well needed nap to ignore my problems.