Actually something new

/Chara's

Once again I woke up in my bed.. But this time I felt.. funny.
Maybe because something broke that seemingly endless loop of misery.
Then again she might have just forgotten to kill someone and had to reset. Fuck if I know.
Wait, did I forget about something?

-CHARA!

...right

-OH. YOU'RE AWAKE! I KNEW THAT THE INFLUENCE OF AN EXTRAORDINARY INDIVIDUAL SUCH AS MYSELF WILL CURE YOU OF YOUR LAZINESS!
-..yeah that's exactly what happened, no doubt.
-I KNEW IT!
-Sure, sure. I'll come down in a minute Rei.
-YOU KNOW I HATE THAT NAME.
-I do. That's why I love it.
-...I'M OUT!

Off he goes. Well it was still somewhat new. Maybe because I actually woke up instead of having a "pre-nap"
Okay, some things will never change. Such as the smell of burnt biscuits in the morning. And the taste of liquid happiness also known as chocolate syrup. Or chocolate in general.

-YOU ACTUALLY CAME DOWN! WOWIE!
-I actually did. Surprise, surprise.
-GREAT! THE COOKIES ARE READY!
-Y'know Rei, I'd rather just have my syrup.
-...
-Alongside a biscuit of course..
-I KNEW IT!
-I'd hate to be the party killer but something's burning.
-IT'S THE SECOND TRACE!
-Good on ya.
-CHARA HELP ME YOU DEADBEAT!
-I'm off to work. See ya.
-CHARAAA!

Some things never change.

A quick shortcut and here we are. Near the ruins' door. She should be coming out any moment now.
And there she is. But something's reaaally off. She has no LV. And no EXP. What the hell..
Either my eyes are pulling my plonker or she hasn't killed a single monster.
Well. Manners require that I greet her.
But first, let's spook her. A bit.
Who am I kidding she's seen it dozens of times before. But I'm still gonna do it.
As a matter of fact, everything about her is weird. She's always been like a.. machine or a living statue. No emotions, no second thoughts no anything. This time she looks like.. to be honest she seems to be scared shitless.
Pop goes the branch. Hah she still fell for it. Lovely. And having someone following right behind her seems to really get on her nerves. Even better. She's reached the gate. Time for the meeting.

-Don't you know how to greet a new chap? Turn around. Shake my hand.

And so she does. With expression as if I wanted to kill her.. What a coincidence.
As she shook my hand some red liquid exploded towards her.

-Hah, the fake blood prank. Never gets old.

She was terrified and now she's actually laughing at it. Something new. She's always had an unimpressed expression.. now that I think about it she's never shown any emotions at all. What the hell's happened..?

-Hey, you're a fellow human aren't you?  Hilarious. I'm supposed to be on a watch for humans as a matter of fact.. But I don't give a damn about capturing anybody. Now, my brother Asriel. He's quite single-minded about all this fuzz with capturing. As a matter of fact, I think that's him over there. Y'know, I've got an idea. Step right through the gate. The bars are too wide to stop anyone.

I may be trying to play nice but I'm not going to lead the way. Just in case.

-Great, now hide behind that peculiar lamp.

..She did it. Everything's weird today.

-CHARA! YOU. HAVEN'T. RECALIBRATED. YOUR. PUZZLES. FOR. OVER. A. WEEK.
-Woops?
-AND I THOUGHT I CURED YOU OF YOUR LAZINESS! BESIDES YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON WATCH FOR HUMANS!
-Yup. Check out that lamp though.
-ONCE WE CAPTURE THE HUMAN MOM WILL LET ME JOIN THE ROYAL GUARD!
-Maybe that lamp will help you.
-IT'S JUST A LAMP! WHAT IS IT GOING TO DO!?
-Lighten up your day?
-CHARA!
-C'mon you're laughing
-I AM AND I HATE IT! I'M OUT TO ATTEND TO MY PUZZLES
-...see ya.

-Okay he's gone, you can stop hiding. But you'd better hurry, he may come back and you'll have to listen to more jokes and screaming. By the way, name's Chara. You?
-I'm Frisk.
-Great. I'll see you around, kid.
-Hey, you're not much older than me..
-But I'm older nonetheless.
-I suppose.. thanks for help, Chara
-See ya.

And there she goes.. just what is she planning. I still don't trust her, but I've got to admit. This time, it's all gonna be quite.. amusing.
I've never known she has maroon eyes..
Frisk, huh? That's a nice name..