28 - The Play Is Set

Hey guys! I know it's not Friday but because I love all my mobsters (that's officially you guys new name) I decided to do an update treat. Hopefully this chapter dispels at least a little confusion. Because I do read the comments, I know some of you guys are lost lol. But don't worry, everything will all be explained if not in this chapter then a future update. So here's a treat and I'll see you again Friday!

OH AND BTW, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CHECK OUT ONE OF MY OTHER STORIES CALLED ABBERATION AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Thanks guys! <3

"I'm so fucking confused."

With a groan of annoyance Rico takes a step back and leans against the large table in the center of the room. He crosses his legs at the ankles and folds his arms over his chest before looking around, a habit he's developed over the years.

"Well Freddy, when a man and a woman love each other very much they sometimes-"

"Stop bull shutting me Rico. I understand perfectly how someone can have a son. What I don't understand is that if this Vincent character really is Daniel Vino's son. Why haven't I ever heard of him? Why hasn't anyone ever heard of him?!"

"Because he doesn't want to be heard of."

Even though Ray didn't say it, his mind was racing and he was just as confused and irritated as Freddy.

As far back as he can remember he's always been involved with the Outfit. Daniel and he may not be friends, but as a hitman working under the Vino last name Ray made sure he studied up on just exactly who his bosses were and he was positive a second son had never come up.

Samuel Vino was an only child who'd grown up rich and spoiled under his father's care after his mother had died from a terminal illness when he was eight.

His favorite color was red, he was allergic to shrimp, and he spent his free time burying himself inside whatever pretty girl got lucky and his gun inside whichever man happened to be unlucky.

Ray knew everything.

Everything except Vincent.

"So if this Vincent guy is off the grid, and has been all his life apparently, how do you know about him?"

There was a lot Ray wanted to say but his tongue trapped his words on his lips like a silent prayer yet to be spoken. His mind was swirling with different thoughts and ideas and all were confusing him to the point his head began to ache.

He was lost, confused, and overwhelmed with the idea of their being another Vino out there, one possibly worse than the bastard they were currently dealing with.

He was hopeful that maybe there really was a way to win this and, if only they could get Vincent on their side, they could take Sammy down.

But more than anything, Ray was defensive. What else was Rico hiding and why had it taken so long to share this information? Was Vincent really Daniel Vino's biological son and if he was could he be trusted? And even if he could, clearly he was in hiding for a reason. Should they really go knocking on his front door? They could be fighting one war only to go and ignite the fire of another.

The fact of the matter was Ray didn't know anything about Vincent and, with all the bullets that had been aimed his way lately, he'd rather not put his trust into a stranger related to the very man they were trying to kill.

"Whenever I start business with someone new, I make it my job to learn everything there is about that person and everyone close to them too," Rico said.