7 - Pawns in a King's World

Okay first things first, thank you for all the votes!!! Y'all so sweet~

Doutzen Cros as Clarissa Joy~

Like any other night Ray had gone to sleep around two a.m. He'd come home after all the other occupants of the house were asleep, kicked his shoes off, dropped his clothes to the floor, and then fell onto his bed that creaked whenever he moved and went to sleep. The routine was the same, it was predictable and to be expected.

Even the cliche and embarrassing dreams about Danny he had were welcomed now.

By no means necessary did Ray's sleeping pattern change. So why the hell was the waking up part so different? Why the fück did he wake up with a bitch in the bed next to him?

She didn't wake him up, not really. Ray had been sleeping soundly, his chest and back bare for the world to see and his face shoved deep into his pillow when the morning sun became too much. He groaned as he felt his brain kicking back into gear and swore silently. He wanted to go back to sleep so he tried rolling over and away from the sun but he was forced to stop when his chest made contact with something hard. Whatever it was it was clearly solid but there was a softness to it that would have had Ray curl into it if, you know, he wasn't Ray - an experienced hitman with trust issues who worked for a faction of the Mafia.

Instead, the boy jumped out of the bed and had his finger on the trigger of his gun before his feet even hit the ground. He was surprised but his breathing was calm and he was focused as he clicked the safety off his gun, letting his brain finally catch up with his body as he registered what the foreign and unwelcome object in his bed was.

When his vision had cleared and he could see exactly what he was aiming his gun at, Ray growled softly. Big crystal blue eyes stared back at him, a frame of wild blonde hair crowning the head of rosy cheeks, plump lips, and an ironic innocence. She wore nothing but a golden g-string and, even though everything in him was screaming not to, he couldn't help but admire the breast that fell bare and exposed on the woman's chest.

The breast he'd handled many, many times before.

"Charlie..." she spoke first, her voice raspy from years of smoking and contradicting with the gentle beauty of her face. "Why do you have your gun?"

Clarissa Joy, or Joy as they called her in the streets, was a prostitute of the best kind. She was Rowen's best friend and worked with her just a few blocks down from the house they were in now. She was in her late twenties, almost thirty even, but she had the face and body of an eighteen-year-old and she didn't hesitate to put it to use. Tall, blonde, sexy, and manipulative- she was every man's dream. And the one man who'd managed to snag her was of course Sammy. The two were the power couple of the mafia and ever since they began dating Clarissa hadn't had to whore herself around anymore. Her clientele went from 100 plus to just one.

And that one happened to be Ray.

Despite how long she's been dating Sammy and despite knowing if they were ever caught together Sammy would more than likely put a bullet through both their heads, Clarissa was obsessed with Ray. Ray himself didn't get why, but he couldn't deny the fact that their bodies were compatible. Clarissa was attractive, and he was weak for a good whore. So they snuck around behind Sammy's back. Things were good, they were perfect almost, that is until Clarissa fucked it up and decided to go and fall in love with Ray. He knew of course, she was never one to beat around the bush and hide her feelings, but he didn't care. It's not like he went and told the bitch to somehow convince herself she had an actual chance right? It's not his fault she set herself up for heartbreak.

For a gun to be pointed in her face and for her to be completely naked practically, she was just as calm as Ray as she leaned over the bed and pulled a cigarette from her purse. She lit it, took a drag, and then found Ray's eyes through the smoke.