Chapter 35

IZZY'S POV:

I am rinsing myself in the shower when I hear the metal creak of the door opening. I instantly wrap my arms around my middle. A rush of cold air make goosebumps raise my skin in a chill. I slowly look over my shoulder. I see Matheseus standing there with eyes filled with lust. I feel disgusted as I feel his gaze rake over my body. He takes a step forward. My chest hurts from how hard my heart is beating against it. 

"What do you want?" My voice sounded strong, but to be honest I'm terrified. I feel like the only card I have left to play, is the joker. I am a clown with masks upon masks upon masks. But if you take them away...I am but a scared girl. 

"I needed to talk to you about something."

"What?" I ask harshly.

He takes a step forward and says, "Do not speak to me like that," he snarls, "Remember that I can give the order to kill your little Alpha! So you better show some respect."

Without thinking my inner wolf knows that it us in the presence of someone with a huge authority. I bow my head in submission. Even if I don't want to, my wolf, by nature, has to show submission to someone with a higher rank.

"I want you to make your mate give his pack over to me."

Shock is evident on my face, "What? No! His people mean everything to him. And besides, even if he did give them over to you, all of them will not bow down to a pathetic little swine who preys on little boys for his own amusement." 

His wolf eyes glow red in rage. He raises his hand. My vision blurs for a minute. I find myself on the shower floor with my cheek stinging like crazy. I look down at the little puddle surrounding me, there are drips of blood. A strong metallic taste invades my tongue, making my jaws clinch at the revolting taste. I touch my lip with a shaking hand. I flinch when I feel my cut lip.

I am still dazed when I lift my gaze up to the Rogue Alpha. I cower when I gaze upon his retched face. He has transformed into half man, half beast. My breath shakes when he bends down so than his face was close to mine. I look at the ground. 

"You be ready. Tomorrow your beloved mate will die," his voice is like the sound of gravel being crunched, "And you," he moves closer, his breath in my face. I close my eyes and try to control my breathing, "You will be mine. And there is nothing you can do about it."

With his thick black claws, the Rogue Alpha moves my wet hair. He comes closer. I feel my gag reflexes kick in. I try hard to keep my food in my stomach. I feel his lips touch my neck. I shake and whimper in fear. 

"You are so tempting to my flesh. You are so beautiful." He breathes. At that moment, I wish I was as ugly as a hag. He makes me feel unbeautiful, impure. He makes me feel tainted and disgusting. He takes a deep breath of my scent. I feel the blood drain from me. I am so cold even though there is hot water beating against my back. "I cannot wait to taste your skin like I had before." He says with a voice filled with lust. Hot tears stream down my face. Please please go away. I sob in total and utter fear when I feel his hand travel up my naked body. 
"Please don't." I whisper shakily, my fear cracking through the strong front I'd put on.

"Just a little taste." 

A very deep and powerful growl echoes though-out the shower. Matheseus chuckled, "You really know how to ruin a moment. I was having some alone time with my future wife."

I lift my gaze to the doorway, there stands a seething Xander. His shoulder and chest move with each deep breath he takes in. His nose is flared, his lips curled into a snarl and his eyes holding the rage of the world. His hands are clinched into a tight fist. "Get the hell away from my woman, Matheseus."