Chapter 34

IZZY'S POV:

"Lizzy Wake up!" I slowly peal my eyes open, still dazed from sleep. I groan when I sit up. I hold my belly protectively as I look around. I see Eddie in a panic. His eyes are frantically darting at every part of the white room. "Eddie? What's wrong?"

"Look Lizzy, listen to me very carefully." He whispers. I crawl closer to him. He holds my face in his hands, "They're going to take you."

"What? Why?"

"You're past the four week mark. They'll punish Xander by-"

"Punishing me." I finish breathlessly.

He nods sadly. My heart is beating against my chest. My palms become clammy. My head starts to get dizzy and my eyes sting with tears. I close my eyes and be still. I hold my stomach and pray to the moon goddess, "Please, protect my child." I whisper. I fear for my baby. I don't want him to get hurt before he's even in this world.

My lip quivers. I admit, I am the Luna of the most powerful Pack...and I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to think...But I do know that I have to take courage. I will have to go through things to ensure the safety of the two most important people that I love. Xander and our son.

I nod my head slowly. I breath in deeply. I hear the metal doors opening, signaling that they're coming for me. I look at my big brother, Eddie. His eyes are filled with worry and anger. I smile at him through my tears, "I love you."

He shakes his head at me, "Don't do that. Don't say you're good byes to ME! I have protected you for most of my whole life, I don't plan to stop doing that now baby sister."

I reach my hand out through the bars and hold his, "There are some things you can't protect me from Eddie. There's nothing you can do to stop this...If I don't make it-"

"Don't" he growls.

I squeeze his hand, "If I don't make...make sure to help Xander...when he's not at his best, please lift him up. When he's about to do something stupid, give him a good talking to."

He shakes his head as tears fill his eyes. I raise my hand and cup his cheeks, "And Eddie? Promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"Have a family. Live life. And love Zapora with all your heart. If you do that, I will be at peace knowing that my big brother has the best life he could make for himself."

I see Eddie's angry face, but his eyes are filled with tears and he's trying to restrain his quivering lip. "I love you little sis." His voice cracks. "I love you with all my heart. I'm sorry I couldn't stop this."

I shake my head, "It's not your fight. It's mine." We embrace each other through the bars. Tears roll down my cheeks. This is probably the last time I will see my big brother. My big brave brother. I hear the footsteps stop in front of my cell and unlocking it. The steps come closer to me. I clutch tighter to Eddie's shoulders. He growls at the man behind me. 

I kiss my brother on the cheek as the man takes hold of my arms and lifting my up to my feet. Eddie is instantly on his feet, growling and snarling at the guard. He grabs the bars and starts shaking them and shouting, wanting to get out for me. "If she's hurt I am going to fucking kill you!" He shouts, "If you hurt her child I will make you scream in pain you bastard!" He roars.

We head towards the door. before we enter, I look over my shoulder at the last piece of my blood, my family, my big brother, Eddie. I give him a small smile before I'm pulled away.

***

The guard keeps on pulling me and shoving me down the hallway. "Where are you taking me?"

"No talking." He says in a cold voice.