Chapter 13

It's been a week since I've been marked. A week since the message written in blood. It's been hard sleeping since then. I've found it hard doing my day to day Luna duties with my anxiety plaguing me. But the people of the pack have been very assuring to me. And Xander was doing good, he was being very kind, very protective. 

However, recently I have noticed some things rather odd with Xander. He has become quiter and quiter as the days roll past. He hardly comes to bed, and when he does, he's already gone in the early morning. He wasn't being rude. He would give me a kiss or a hug when he saw me. He was being polite and gentle with me, but he is hardly around ever.

I'm sure he is worried and stress, which is something I understand and sympathise with, but I don't understand why that would cause him to, what seems like him staying away from me?

He has become distant. At first I understood, but I've become more scared after every passing day and it's hard to deal with it alone when all you want is your mate to hold you and make you feel safe.

The other day I was making my special lasagna because...well, because. And he...didn't eat it?

"Hey Xander! I made some Lasagna for dinner!"

He comes down and gives me a small nod. I frowned. That's weird. I noticed the bags under his eyes. He looked a little more paler. He sits at the table and I place the plate of food in front of him. All he does is stare at it which was very unlike him.

I stand behind him and rub his shoulder. I frowned when I felt that he was very tense.
"You okay, Xander?" I asked hesitantly

He looks up at me and paints a tight smile on his face, but it never reaches his eyes.
"I'm fine," He slides his untouched plate away and stands, "You know what I'm quite tired. I had  a big lunch anyways. Thank you though. I'll see you in bed sweetheart." He kisses my cheek and leaves. LEAVES! With out eating my FOOD! Freaking asshole!

This has been his behaviour for the last week. It's weird how fast he changed. One second he was my Xander and he was ranting about how he was going to take my virginity and then next thing you know...he's totally reserved. What's he hiding?

I'm sitting under a tree thinking about all this when a hand covers my mouth. I'm instantly on survival mode. I try pull out of the grasp but it doesn't work. The guy drags me deeper and deeper into the forest. I wiggle and jostle the whole way, trying to get back to Xander. The man let's go of me once we come to a dark clearing.

I stumble out of his embrace, I spin around, ready to fight off this asshole when I come face to face with my big brother...Eddie.

"Eddie?" I ask. I have to see if this isn't a dream or a hallucination or something.

He holds his arms out, "It's me."

I launch myself into his open arms.
"EDDIE!" I squeal.

He lifts me off my feet and spins me around laughing.

"I missed you so much little sister." He whispers in my ear.

Once he puts me back on my feet, Eddie grabs my hand and pulls me even deeper in the forest, "Let's go. If we're quick enough we'll be able to go unseen."

To go? I stop in my tracks and rip my hand out of his grasp.
"What do you mean?"

His brows pull in confusion, "Lizzy, I'm
Helping you escape that monster."

My inner wolf stirs around, "He's not a monster." I state.

"Come on Lizzy! Have you seen what he's done? This is the Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack! This is Xander Nightwalker! Are you mad?! He's slaughtered a lot of people! A lot of packs! How can you defend such a man?!" He yells.