Chapter 31 - Sam's Point of View

*Sam's Point of View*

[3 MONTHS LATER]

"We're nearly there," I say.

Violet screams as if in pain and I know she is.

I look back at the road. We're near the hospital.

"It's going to be okay," I whisper as I kiss her forehead.

She winces as she moves her body.

The driver stops the car by the hospital entrance and practically runs inside as I brush Violet's here away from her face.

"Sam," she mouths as if she can't take it any longer and I feel terrible that I can't do anything about it.

"I've got you a private room so you can relax. You're in safe hands."

I notice a nurse pushing a wheelchair in our direction, our driver following behind. I held Violet into the seat as the nurse pushes her into the entrance of the hospital along the corridor and into the private room.

I help the nurse move Violet into the bed as she has difficulties.

Doctor Roman, one of Australia's finest doctors has been flown over from Brisbane to make sure Violet is in safe hands.

I watch her as the doctor tries to calm her down. He says some words to her and goes over the procedure with her.

"You still have time to go. I'll be back a little later to check on you," the doctor says.

I nod as Violet mouths "thank you," in appreciation.

"I'm worried," Violet whispers

I squeeze her hand. "Everything is going to be okay. You don't have to worry, I'll be here the whole time."

I turn the TV in hopes that it'll calm her down but she's too stressed and clearly in pain for it to be any use to her.

--------------

I hold my breath. It's time.

Violet screams as I squeeze her hand for support.

Violet's face turns red while she takes deep breaths. The doctor instructs Violet to push one more time.

The sound of crying draws my attention as I notice the doctor holding onto our baby girl. I take deep breaths watching the pinkness in her skin tone. She's here.

I wince when the doctor cuts the umbilical cord as if it'll hurt her. He passes her into the nurse who wipes her down with a towel.

Violet collapses back, her head hitting the pillow with a thump. I turn back to face her.

"We did it," she mouths. I kiss her forehead as I wrap my arms around her.

"I love you, dammit."

She smiles. "I love you too, dammit."

The nurse brings our baby girl over to us and hands it to Violet. I watch as tears run down her eyes in joy.

"Oh my god! She's so precious."

I smile. "She sure is, just like you."

Violet looks up at me and then back at our baby. She rubs the tiny cheeks which immediately turn pink with contact.

I hear Daniels voice outside the door alongside Rose, Max, Sophia, Bianca and my parents.

"Can we come in?" Daniel shouts.

"Of course,"

Daniel runs in and without a second to stop, snatches the baby from Violet and covers it in kisses. "It looks just like you, Violet."

He bends down and kisses Violet's cheek. "Congratulations!"

Violet smiles at him. "Thank you,"

"Yea thank you," I say. "But mind passing my baby back to me, I haven't held her yet."

"Too late," Max says as he grabs her from Daniel. "What are you going to name her?"

I look back at Violet and she nods my direction indicating she knows exactly what I'm about to say. "Why don't you name her?"

Max smiles. "You sure?"

Violet nods. "Absolutely."

Max kisses the side of the baby's cheek as he contemplates what to name her.

I rub Violet's shoulder. I'm glad to see Max smiling again. Although he has over the past few months being back home, he'd been gone for over two years and I still sometimes see the panic in his eyes. Today is the first time I've seen him smile from the heart, like there's no worry in the world and I want him to have this happiness, I want him to name our baby.

Max faces us. "I want to introduce you guys to Rain."

Violet claps her hands. "Rain it is. I love it."

Bianca leans forward. "Welcome Rain. You're going to be so loved."

Max smiles. "More like she's going to be showered with love."

Daniel smacks Max's shoulder. "Already started with the puns."

Max lifts his shoulder and smirks.

Sophia grabs Rain as my mother cries. "I'm so happy and so glad that things are finally going back to normal. She's gorgeous."

My father hugs Violet and breaks down in front of her. "Thank you for giving us all the happiness in the world."

Violet smiles as my father hugs her. "Thank you for taking me as part of this family," Violet replies.

Everyone leaves as I allow Violet to rest.

I walk over to the front desk to discharge her later on. She needs to stay behind to rest before I can take her home.

---------------

Doctor Roman informs me everything is okay and that I can finally take Violet and Rain home. I need to be back in a few days to get Rain checked and ensure she's okay but other then that, we're free to go home.

When we get home, Violet lays on the couch, our little Rain beside her.

"I can't believe it," she whispers.

I look down at Rain's gorgeous big eyes. They blink several times when they notice me and a small smile pulls on her lip. Whether it's intentional or accidental, it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"Rain," I say out loud. It rolls perfectly off my tongue. Our Rain.