Chapter 25

My body aches when I see Sam and Daniel bring Bianca and Max in. Their bruised up body and cuts across their face force me to lean over and throw up.

They're resting upstairs now, Max especially. Rick is trying to wipe his system clean and get rid of the drugs that he'd been injected with. He woke up several times in the past six hours shivering recklessly or screaming for help until either Sam or Daniel assured him he was okay.

Bianca has been cleaned up and for the most part, she's okay. She finally told us that she'd been taken for about six months and locked in the same building as Max. That's where they came up with the escape plan and how she escaped. She tried to warn us but it was too late. It surprises me how the past few days she was laughing and smiling before she was kidnapped, and why she never told us then though I assume she thought we wouldn't believe her. She threw small hints though liking calling her boyfriend Max or saying Asher was rescuing a friend.

Asher is here too. He's been by Max's side the whole time. I recognise him now. I've seen a picture or two of his in Max's room before. There was one where they went to Paris, standing in front of the Eiffel Tower and another where Max has buried Asher in the sand at the beach. In fact Asher was the one who was able to help Bianca get out.

Bianca walks down the stairs, holding the railing as she steps down. She takes a seat beside me.

"You okay?" I ask.

She hugs me. "Does Daniel and Sam hate me?"

I pull back. "Why would you say that?"

"I feel like I'm not good enough for Max."

I smile at her. "That's crazy. In fact, Sam said that Max was lucky to have you."

The corner of her mouth lifts. "I don't want to be a burden on them."

"You must definitely are not a burden," Sam says as he walks behind us.

He pulls Bianca into a hug as he strokes her hair. "You're okay, we're okay and you and Max are perfect. We trust you both and I'm glad even though it may be selfish to say, but I'm glad that you were there with him. I'm glad he didn't go through it alone."

Bianca smiles as she hugs him tighter. "Thanks."

"No, thank you. Max told us you keep him sane," Sam says as his voice quivers. "He told us how there was no one but the two of you guys. He told us how he fell in love with you and it sucks that it happened in those circumstances but at least it happened with the right girl."

I wipe a tear watching them bond even further. "Can I see him?"

Sam nods. "Oh and he wants to see you too, Bianca."

I loop my arms around Bianca's as I pull her to the direction of the stairs. She hesitates for a second but then comes when I tug at her.

We stand behind Max's door. We both take a deep breath. I don't know why Bianca is so worried to see him. It's like she's worried he'll move on or dump her now that he's back, or that he could possibly find someone better and he only went with her because at that time she was the only choice. I can see it all over her face. "He's not that kind of guy. When he loves, he loves wholeheartedly."

I push the door open and drag Bianca inside as I walk over to Max's bed. He tries to sit up when he sees me but I place a hand out signalling him it's okay.

"How are you?"

He nods. "Okay, I guess."

"You look much better."

He smiles a little. "I feel much better."

I touch the cut across his cheek. "This has healed a bit."

"Yea though I doubt it'll go away any time soon."

"I've missed you."

He nods. "Likewise. Good to see you guys married and pregnant by the looks of it."

A tear slips down my face. I throw myself against his body and hug him. "I'm so sorry for ever doubting you. I can't believe I thought you'd do such a thing. I should've known better. I'm so sorry."

He wraps his arm around me. "I would've done the same thing. Our family taught us to always fight for family and in that moment, that's exactly what you guys were doing. You thought I was a danger to the family or at least that Arnold guy was. I don't blame you at all."

I stand as I grab Bianca's hand and push her forward. "Talk to her, please. She's really worried."

I take a step outside but I stay behind the door. I know I shouldn't eavesdrop but I need to know if Bianca is okay too.

I peak through the slot of the door as Max reaches for her hand and pulls her closer, forcing her to sit on the edge of his bed. He tucks a loose hair behind her ear as he gently strokes her arm. "You okay?"

She nods. "I should be asking you that."

He smiles. "I'm okay now that you're here."

"I was worried about you," Bianca says. "I should've told them earlier."

He does a soft laugh. "It's all good. I'm here now, aren't I," he says. "I love you, Bi."

I can tell she's crying now by the way she her body shivers. "I love you too, Max."

Max reaches out to wipe a tear from her face as he pulls her closer. Her body goes stiff and I turn around the second his lips touch hers.

When I turn around, he moves the blanket out of the way for Bianca to join in. She gets in as she puts her head on his chest. He wraps his arms around her and pulls her close and they both close their eyes.

I turn around and head back downstairs. "Everything good between them?" Daniel asks.

I stick my thumb out, giving him a thumbs up. "Perfect," I reply. "It couldn't have gone better."

Daniel smiles and it's a genuine one which means he's happy for them. "Good," he says. "They're cute together."

Sophia walks downstairs and joins us by the couch.

"I'm still not happy about what happened," Daniel says.

"You'll get over it," she says. "I only winked and stuff. Nothing happened."

"Winked and stuff? You were freaken rubbing the guy's arm."

She laughs. "Is that what you're jealous about?" She says. "I can rub yours too, in fact I can do more."

I shove my hands in my ears. "Gross you guys, get a room."

Daniel laughs. "You find that gross yet you're pregnant and we all know how babies are made. Maybe you should get a room."

"That's uncalled for," Sam shouts across the room as he walks over.

We all face Sam and laugh. It's good but good never lasts long, at least not for us anyways.