Chapter 19

Vote, comment, and/or follow for a dedication!!!!

not edited :)

Chapter 19

On my way back to my room, I took deep, and I mean deep, breaths to control myself. My blood boiled as I opened my door. Jonathan could see that I needed to calm down and quickly made his way over. He closed my door behind me and held my shoulders.

"Breathe deeps, Addy. Eyes on me." He coached gently though firm.

I did as he said staring into his his that were filled with nothing love.

"Good. Good, Addy. Just breathe and keep your eyes on me. Look at me." He said gently cupping my face.

Finally my heart rate slowed and I felt a lot less tense. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and closed my eyes. His arms wrapped around me and he pulled me closer.

"I'm better now. Thank you." I said into his shoulder.

Jonathan let go, took my hand, and led me to my bed. We both sat on the edge next to each other.

"Alright what happened?" Jonathan asked.

I went on to tell him what happened in Papá's office with the two men and what Papá wanted me to do to them. Nate sat there listening silently. When I finished he let out a breath.

"Yeah exactly. I never felt so mad in my life. Well not in a very long time at least." I clarified when Jonathan gave me a look. He ran his hands through his hair messing it up a bit.

"Well if he said he didn't do it then you have no choice but to believe him, Addy."

"It's more than that. He didn't look like a heartbroken man who lost his wife. He looked like a man who just lost his best employee. Like she was great and it sucks that she's dead but oh well. Papá found it amusing." I fumed.

"I'm sure he didn't. Your father doesn't act or seem like the type of man that would kill his wife for no reason and play it off like some kind of psychopath. You have to get all the evidence before you could just name him guilty."

"You think I don't want to believe that? I've always thought of Papá as a strong and important man who I looked up to. Now I have to have doubts because he's acting like the monster some stranger knows him to be!" My voice had gotten louder by the time I finished my little rant.

My eyes burned as I blinked away tears. There was no way I was going to break my grandfather's rules and start crying. I swallowed the lump in my throat and leaned into Jonathan's open arms. He rubbed my back soothingly.

"It's alright Addy. Just relax a bit." He kissed my hair which was starting to give me a headache.

I took it out it's ponytail and let my hair hang free. It was still a bit damp. Jonathan pulled me onto his lap and I rested my head on his chest.

"How is it going to be okay, Nate?" I asked softly.

He began to play with my hair. "It's a surprise."

I rolled my eyes though he couldn't see. "So far I've been getting way too many surprises and none of them have been good."

"How about we go and visit your grandparents in France again and check your mother's old room? Maybe we could find some stuff in there that could make you feel better about your father." Jonathan suggested.

I leaned up off of him and smiled. "That is actually a really good idea."

He grinned making his gorgeous green eyes light up. "Told you I could help." He gloated.