Chapter 18

Follow, vote, and/ or comment for a dedication :)

p.s not edited

Chapter 18

I sat on my bed with my laptop when Jonathan came in with my requested ham and cheese sandwich. It's been two weeks since the whole Alina thing. I've been trying to find out anything I could about her including her relationship with Kiara and Gabe. So far nothing's come up.

I haven't even spoken to Papá. Things are just weird between us. It's like he knows I'm hiding something. Instead of being near him, I just trained and spent time with Nate or Matteo, who forgave me for punching him.

Jonathan belly flopped onto the bed after handing me the sandwich.

"Thank you." I said absently while studying my computer. I found a few things that proved she was Anne's relative but I couldn't find something actually on Alina herself.

"No problem. Need some help?" He asked.

I shook my head and closed the laptop in frustration. "Urgh! I can't find anything. It's like searching for a ghost." I groaned.

Jonathan took the laptop from me and placed it aside. Then he placed the plate on my lap. "Take a break. Eat."

I took an angry bite. "I'm so annoyed right now." I paused. "This is a good sandwich."

Jonathan laughed. "I know, babe. Look, I'll tell Paul to find what he can and I'll do my own little hunt, okay?"

I took another angry bite. "Fine... This sandwich is so good!" I yelled angrily.

He laughed again. "Can I get a bite?"

I gave him a look. "No, but you can use the kitchen to make another one."

I shoved him away and finished my lunch. Jonathan took my empty plate from me and rested it on the floor. Then he sat next to me on the bed and pulled me onto his lap facing him.

"You are not dealing with this alone, Addy. Heros have help sometimes too. You have me, Paul, Ricky and even Matteo at your service since you won't go to your father." He said softly.

I sighed and leaned my forehead against his while wrapping my arms around his neck. "I don't know why what Alina said is bothering me so much. I mean, obviously she's a stranger and would say anything to throw me off. But it's the way she said it. "

"How did she say it?" He asked wrapping his arms around me. He was warm and comforting.

"I don't know. She sounded scared a bit but... sincere. Like she meant what she said." I replied distantly.

I didn't want to believe a word that came out of that woman's mouth. She kidnapped my sister; not to mention the fact that her twin sister tried to kill me more than once and almost succeeded at that. But I couldn't stop my mind from roaming.

"Maybe you should do a little investigating on your own. Find out what would possibly make her say those things." He suggested.

I groaned. "Babe, I have so much on my plate right now. I have training; I need to find a way to get Eva back. I still need to figure out who tried to break into the vaults two weeks ago, and still find time to familiarize myself with the entire foundation and functions of the family business or else I could kiss being leader of this family goodbye."

"Didn't I just offer to help you?" He grinned before kissing me.

I rolled my eyes. "And what exactly would you do to help me?" I asked.

He smirked. "Well for starters I could do this." He kissed my cheek and slowly moved down to my jaw. "When you get stressed like this."

I sighed. "That isn't really helping Nate."