Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I turned around slowly to face a very smug Kiara. I kept all emotion off my face.

"What did you just call me?" I asked cautiously trying to decipher whether that was just a mistake or not. Though I highly doubted that.

"Adelaide. You do recognize it right? I mean it is your real name. I'm sorry I don't have the Italian accent to go with it but-"

"Who told you that?" I demanded.

She simply grinned at me. "I had a little background check done on you."

"Bullshit! You would never find my name in the system." I countered with my guard extremely high up and my patience level at zero.

She tilted her head to the side and looked at me as if I were a child. "Now Adelaide, you didn't really think I meant a legal search with the police database right?"

I clenched my jaw and went back to the door so I could lock it. I turned back to Kiara who was now on her feet facing me.

"What do you know?" I asked.

She examined her nails bored. "I know everything. I've known for a while."

I crossed my arms to keep myself from beating her down. "Sudden interest?"

She smirked. "Sudden assignment."

I couldn't hide my shocked expression. Someone out there knew about my family just like Anne. It never crossed my mind that I might have so many enemies. First Anne and her people now Kiara and hers.

"And your goal?" I asked.

"Get any information I can. You might want to be careful of who you trust." she said while retrieving her phone. "And let Giovanni know that we're going to finish what he started." Kiara pushed past me and left the room.

It took a while before I was able to move again. I immediately called Eva because she hadn't responded to my text. It went to voicemail. I tried again and again. Nothing. I groaned in frustration. I texted Paul just in case he had class.

Me: Important! Can you leave class for a while?

I walked to my locker and put on my coat. My phone vibrated.

Paul: Meet u by ur car in 2

I texted Ricky and Jonathan so they knew to catch a ride today with Caden or Gina if they could find her. Eva still hadn't Then I headed out to my car.

~*~*~*~

"Ok so I know this isn't a joy ride at," he checked his phone, " 9 am in the morning so talk to me. What's going on?" Paul asked.

I stopped at a red light and turned to him. I quickly gave him a summary of Kiara and I's conversation.

"So I need your connect in the detective unit." I finished. Paul had a connect for any situation, partly because he has put himself in almost every situation concerning the law.

Paul ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah. I guess I could give him a call. But where are we going now?"

I turned on a street and parked. I got out and signaled for him to follow. I walked around the building to back door and shoved it open.

"What are we looking for?" Paul asked taking everything else in stride.

We climbed up several staircases until we arrived to the fifth floor. I continued walking down that hall until I reached apartment 510. Paul turned the knob then signaled for me to lookout. I sprayed something on the cameras so it wouldn't catch us. A few seconds later Paul go the door open. We entered and closed the door behind us.

The Rise Of A Mafia Leader (Book 2)#Wattys2016जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें