Chapter 2

edited :)

Chapter 2

I glared at Jonathan's retreating back. The sound of the principal clearing his throat turned me around. I glared at him too.

"What?" I snapped at him.

He sighed as if he knew what to expect already. "I see you haven't wasted time reuniting with your band of delinquents Ms. Carter."

I grinned. "Can't be surprised at that now can you Mr. Neal."

He shook his head. "There is a student in the nurse's office with a broken nose and bruised jaw."

I crossed my arms and put on my poker face. "That's unfortunate for that student."

He narrowed his eyes. "Yes well we are looking for the student involved. It turns out the student hurt won't relay any info on who did it to them and our cameras just so happened to be down at the time of the incident."

I smirked inwardly knowing Paul was probably behind that. That's who Jonathan was probably texting as he left.

I kept my face straight. "If I hear anything I will tell you immediately."

Mr. Neal shifted and glared at me. "You're telling me that it wasn't you that hurt Ms. Lincoln?"

I pulled a shocked expression. "I would never hurt another student Principal Neal."

"Save it, Abigail." He threw up a hand to stop me. He looked a bit annoyed and I couldn't help but grin at his frustration. He sighed. "Just leave Ms. Lincoln alone please, Abigail. Let's not start your last year suspended or worse, expelled."

I saluted him and walked away to my class. I entered the class ten minutes late and went straight to the back next to Caden who was flirting with some girl. He moved his bag from the seat and I sat down. I rested my own bag on the floor and put my head down on the table. Since this was Chemistry we had the tables where two people sat together so they could be lab partners.

I pulled Caden's arm to get his attention. He turned to me. "What?"

I pointed to the girl at the neighboring table. "That's not Kat."

He rolled his eyes. "Kat and I broke up."

I turned back just as the teacher started eyeing me. I rolled my eyes.

"How aren't you suspended?" He asked writing down notes for the both of us.

"You've met my friends correct?" I laughed.

That caught the teacher's attention. "Ms. Carter you walk into my class late and you still want to talk and be a distraction in my class?"

I shrugged.

"You are not even taking down notes!" His face was growing red. Poor guy.

I shrugged again.

He let out an angry breath. Beside me Caden shook his head smiling.

"Get out of my class. You have detention after school to make up for the time lost." the teacher said.

I laughed and grabbed my bag. "Detention?"

"Yes Detention!" he confirmed.

I opened the door ready to leave.

"I will see you after school, Ms. Carter."

I looked back with a smirk. "What makes you think I'll show?"

I walked out the class and headed to my locker. I sent a text to Eva as I put my bag in my locker. Usually she would've texted me by now. She's been keeping me updated on everything at home and stuff. We've actually grown a lot closer. She's been trying her best to make up for lost time.