Chapter Eight, Confusing.

Bill was the reason I left the mall early. Bill was the reason I hated myself the past few days. Bill was the reason I experienced sadness, angry, frustration. Bill was the reason I was back here. Everything bad that has happened to me is his fault. Every. Little. Thing. And I couldn't talk to anyone about him, because then he would kill everyone I ever said hi too. What a psychopath.

"Dipper, you bailed on the mall early yesterday so can you join me for some ice cream to make it up to me?" Mabel asked, I was sitting on my bed reading, counting down the days until gruncle Stan and gruncle Ford came back. About five more days. I had a feeling those would be the longest days of my life.

"No Mabel I don't feel like it today. I left the mall yesterday because I was sick and puked, I'm not feeling ice cream today" I said. Mabel walked up to me and placed her hand in the middle of the page I was reading. I lowered the book and looked at her smiling face.

"But who ever will I go with?" She asked, I sighed and looked back at my book. Mabel felt my forehead with the back of her hand and shook her head.

"Oh dear, you are sick huh?" She asked, I nodded at her, laying back on my bed. She patted my shoulder.

"Well Dippy, I hope you get better. I'll see what Wendy's doing today, I'll catch you later!" Mabel said, running off through the door and down the stairs. I mumbled a goodbye and then tried to read my book again.

My mind stumbled off the page as I thought of Wendy. She was going to marry Robbie before the summer ended. She was getting married to the guy I called my rival for two whole months of my life. And I wasn't even upset. I didn't like her anymore and I wasn't even sure why. I used to be head over heels for her, but now, I felt nothing. Why was that? What's wrong with me? Was I broken? And then I thought back to Bill, when he kissed me on the cheek. What was that feeling? It certainly could have been fear, but was it really fear? Or something that hadn't crossed my mind yet.

"Oh, it definitely wasn't fear Dippy" Bill's voice echoed through my room. I jumped out of my bed and held my book near the bottom with two hands as if about to smack someone with it, waiting for Bill to show himself so I actually could smack him with it. He slowly appeared in front of me, pointing at my book and laughing.

"Carry On by Rainbow Rowell? Well that might explain this numbness you feel towards girls" he said. I put the book down a bit and narrowed my eyes at him.

"What does that mean?" I said, Bill sighed and floated past me, sitting down on my bed, putting his feet up on my back from where I stood. I turned to face him and knocked his feet off of my shoulders in the process.

"Simon and Baz are dating in that book right?" Bill asked, I looked at the book and then back at Bill.

"Well yeah but not until like the highway mark" I said back, Bill examined his finger nails sassily.

"Ok, regardless, their a couple by the end right?" He asked, I nodded slowly, trying to piece together what he was getting at.

"Simon and Baz are both guys, correct?" He asked, I nodded again, blushing as my mind inched towards what he might have been getting at.

"And if they're romantically attracted to each other that means they're gay right?" Bill said, my face was probably as red as a tomato.

"Well technically Simon is bi, so-"

"Not my point" Bill cut me off, sitting up in my bed and moving on his knees to come closer to me.

"Baz and Simon might feel the same numbness towards girls as you do. Case closed" Bill smirked at me, his visible eye lighting up a bit more then it already was. I tossed the book down on my bed and walked away from Bill, trying to keep my blush to a minimum.

"I'm not gay Bill, I'm just not into the girls I have seen" I said, Bill floated right up to me and rolled his eyes.

"Well, what ever makes you happy Pine Tree" he said. I walked away from him again, pretending to put my book away and look busy. But he followed me around my room, every step I took. I finally groaned in annoyance and looked at him straight in the face.

"What do you want?" I asked, Bill closed his eyes - well, I assumed he closed his hidden one as well - and smiled.

"I just want to hang out" he said. I crossed my arms and frowned, not believing him at all.

"You want to hang out? That's it?" I asked, Bill nodded with a smile plastered on his face, eyes still closed.

"Yeah. I've been kinda lonely in that run down abandon house I was staying in. Also it reminds me to much of Ezy, did you hear the bad news? Apparently she died yesterday, that poor girl" Bill opened his eyes and laughed at me as he spoke about Ezy. I clenched my fists and it took everything in me not to punch Bill right out of his ego.

"Your an idiot, get out of my room" I said. Bill floated upside down and looked at my crotch, with a toothy grin on his face. His tongue slipped out and traced his lips.

"But I'm in the mood for lunch, hot dogs sound good" he said. I jumped away from him and and pulled my hat down on my head, crossing my legs uncomfortably.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I yelled to him, he laughed and floated onto my bed, crossing his legs and resting his head on his hand.

"Watch your profanity" he said, I frowned at him.

"Get out!" I yelled, he floated towards me, pressing his nose onto mine, smiling with half closed eyes.

"But I don't want to leave," he sighed, his breath inching across my face, warming my cheeks. I felt chills run down my spine, numbness gone...

I kissed him on the lips. And he disappeared from right under my nose.

***

Ovncoftt hpof