Chapter 11

Phil's POV

I couldn't stay at the hospital for long, the doctor made me go home after a few hours. It was almost 1 am and I was tired, so I wanted to get back to the flat quickly.

A car passed by, slowing down a little. The person rolled their window, saying something to me.

"Hey! Phil, is that you?" It was PJ. What was he doing out diving this late?

I turned to the car, walking closer to the window. "Peej? What're you doing out here?"

"I could ask the same question. Hop in." I opened the passenger door, sitting down and closing it. "I was just taking a night- er, early morning, drive. I couldn't sleep. You?"

"Dan's in the hospital." I blurted out. PJ looked over at me. "These two guys came into the bar we were at and beat him. They tried choking him. He has a split lip and b-bruises all over his face-" I started to stutter. No. I wasn't going to cry in front of PJ. I don't want to seem weak.

"Really?" PJ asked, resting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm just really scared for him..." I suddenly burst out into tears. Yeah, we've only been dating for a couple weeks, but he's been my best friend for years. His injuries weren't too serious but things wouldn't be the same. "A-and we're s-supposed to go on t-tour s-soon-" I buried my face in my hands, feeling PJ run his hand up and down my back.

"Phil, Dan will be fine. I know it." He said. I nodded, rubbing the tears from my eyes as he accelerated forward. After maybe 10 minutes of driving, which would've taken me at least 40 minutes of walking, we arrived at mine and Dan's flat.

Before I got out I turned to PJ. "Thanks for the lift... Would you like to visit Dan in the hospital with me tomorrow?"

PJ smiled. "Sure!" I smiled back at him, although it wasn't a big as my usual smiles and I got out of the car. He sped away, me turning on my heel as I made my way up the stairs to our floor.
_________________
I woke up at around noon, I had fallen asleep in my clothes I was so tired. There were bags under my eyes and my clothes were really wrinkled. I rubbed my eyes, quickly changing and managing my fringe then calling PJ.

"Hey, PJ?" I said into the phone.

"I'm outside, Phil." He responded.

"Alright." I quickly hung up, rushing down the stairs and getting in his car.

He drove down the streets of London, neither of us speaking as we reached the hospital.

"He's on floor 2." I rushed out of the car, excited to see Dan again. My steps were bigger than his as we walked up to the front, getting to the lift and pressing the up button.

"You act like you haven't seen him in days." PJ said, chuckling softly.

"Well, I'm used to waking up and him being just a door away. So I want to see him this morning." I smiled at PJ. The lift came, me and PJ getting in and pressing the floor 2 button.

We reached the second floor, me and PJ walking fast to get to his room.

A turn here, another there, straight, then left. I opened Dan's door, a nurse standing by the bed and them both looking up at me and PJ. Dan smiled.

"Phil. PJ." He said. He sounded a lot better than the day before but the bruises were a dark purple. I went over to him, kneeling down beside the bed and holding his hand. PJ followed suite, but not holding Dan's other hand.

"How're you doing this morning?" Dan shrugged.

"It was hard sleeping in this bed. It's really uncomfortable after a while." I nodded.