Chapter 4

It had been about a week since I told Dan that I liked him. Things were fine, nothing seemed awkward and I was somehow able to keep any... thoughts... to a minimum.

"So, what do you want for dinner?" Dan asked me one night, sitting next to me on the sofa.

I shrugged. "I don't really know." I looked up at him. "We could order?"

"You read my mind." Dan said, chuckling. He looked back at me, into my blue eyes. I didn't even realize my eyes were trained on his lips as he started to talk about something. I felt terrible as I didn't pay attention, in fact it seemed like I couldn't even hear him.

"Phil, Phil?" Dan snapped me out of my thoughts, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" I looked at him, blinking a couple times as I shook my head slightly. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"I could tell." Dan looked over at me with a brooding look. He sighed softly. "Phil... I see the way you're looking at me."

My face went red instantly, thinking of something to say. "W-what do you mean?"

"I see the way you look at me, almost in a dreamy way... I mean, I get that you like me but I don't know..." Dan paused. He looked at me, tilting his head slightly. "Do that thing."

"What thing are you talking about?" I asked. I didn't get what he was trying to do.

"Just, don't pay attention to me." Dan said. I looked at him weirdly before sighing and catching his gaze. He started to speak, probably about what he was talking about before but I couldn't focus. I bit my lip gently, my eyes darting from his eyes to his mouth.

"Aha!" Was all I heard from him as I snapped out of my daze.

"Hmm?" I sighed. "I did it again, sorry..."

"Don't apologize." He moved closer, his nose almost touching mine. "You just want to kiss me, don't you?"

My face went hot, a darker shade of red than before.

He smirked. "I knew it."

"What are you trying to get at?" I snapped, scoffing.

Dan moved back a little. He was silent for a moment before saying anything. "If it'll make you pay attention to me... You can kiss me." He said, although quietly.

My eyes widened. "W-what?"

"You heard me."

I blinked in disbelief a couple times, trying to say something but not having anything to say.

Dan moved closer again, and the look in his eyes showed he almost wanted to kiss me. "It's fine if you do Phil. I wouldn't blame you." He said, resting a hand on my cheek.

"A-are you sure?" I said, stumbling over my words. Dan nodded and I swallowed the lump that was in my throat as I slowly brought my hand up to his neck, pulling him closer.

I closed my eyes as I felt his lips graze against mine, it felt wrong. I felt like I was making Dan do this, although he did say it was alright.

I moved just a little closer, causing our lips to connect. It was still for a moment until I slowly started kissing him, and he kissed back. My heart was racing at a rapid speed as Dan held me close.

Oh how I loved this, and I wished it could last forever but I knew it wouldn't. Dan pulled away and I opened my eyes to meet his.

He wiped his mouth and chuckled, me doing the same as I took a deep breath in.

"That felt weird." I said softly. "Nice, but weird."

"How did it feel weird?" Dan asked, moving back.