Chapter 1

"Put that down and sit," Sam says from across the living room.

I smile. "I'm just dragging it upstairs."

He frowns. "You're pregnant, you shouldn't be carrying heavy things."

I wiggle my fingers. "Two months, baby," I say sticking out two fingers. "It's not like I'm eight months pregnant."

Sam shouts for the butler to grab the box and take it upstairs.

I blow him a raspberry as I drop on the couch. The butler grabs the box, lifting it over his shoulder as he walks up to the lift.

Sam sits next to me and hands me a chilled bottle of water.

"No thanks," I say pushing his hand away.

He brings it to my face again forcing my hands around it. "Drink it, Vi. Don't make me force you," he says. "Can you please take care of yourself."

When I notice he's genuinely concerned, I take a sip of water and smile. "Happy?"

He nods. "Happy."

"You're bossy, you know," I say.

He lifts his eyebrow. "Is that so?"

I nod. "Ah huh."

Sam leans in until my back hits the couch. He runs his hand softly against my t-shirt where my stomach is and a shiver runs down my spine. I can't seem to look him in the eyes. I place a hand on his chest to distance him from me but he's too strong, instead he leans further in tucking his hand behind my head making sure my head doesn't hit the couch's armrest. I smile at the gesture.

He kisses me gently, running his hand down from my face to my neck. I wrap my leg around his hip as I pull him in. Dammit I lost. What happened to keeping him away?

His hand rests on my thigh as he grabs it tight, pulling me up as he takes me upstairs. He drops me on the bed lightly. "Rest, will you."

My expression changes. "What!"

He looks back. "What?"

"I thought you were gonna kiss me or get romantic or something," I say. "But you did all this to just get me upstairs to rest."

He smiles. "Well if you want the kissing and all the other good stuff, I won't say no."

I push him over. "No thanks, I changed my mind."

He smirks. "Whatever you say. I better not see you downstairs again or in the kitchen. You've been working all day."

I stick my tongue out. "Didn't I say you were bossy?"

"You're acting surprised. You've worked for me before, you should know how I am."

I slam my face against the pillow. "Biggest regret of my life."

Sam laughs and I can't help but join in. Married life is perfect.

A knock draws our attention. Daniel stands by our bedroom door. "Hope I'm not disturbing you two lovebirds."

"Daniel," I say as I stand to hug him but Sam pulls my hand down and sits me on the bed again.

"Ah oh! Trouble in paradise," Daniel says.

I smile. "Sam has me on house arrest cause I'm pregnant," I say. "I mean you can't even see the bump."

Daniel laughs as he walks in. He punches Sam's shoulder before sitting on the bed. "Dude go easy on her, she's only two months pregnant."

I wrap my arms around Daniel and hug him tight. "How is little Joe?"

"He's doing okay."

"You should've brought him over," I say.

He smiles. "He's with Sophia. They're coming over later. He is totally his mother's boy. Won't give me any attention."

I laugh. "He's just a small little thing. Give him time."

Daniel grabs my hand and pulls me up. "Come on let's go downstairs."

Sam lifts an eyebrow at his brother. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Dude you suck at being a father and you haven't even had the baby yet," Daniel replies.

"Thank god you came and saved me from the monster," I whisper into Daniel's ear as we walk downstairs.

"I heard that," Sam shouts as he follows us downstairs.

I giggle. "Dammit."

When we get downstairs, I drop myself on the couch and Daniel switches the TV on.

The sound of the doorbell goes off and Sam walks over to the front door to let everyone in.

Rose runs up to me and throws her arms around me as she hugs me.

"Movie night," Sophia calls out as she holds out a few DVDs.

Clare faces Sam. "Guess what, son! Jess is coming over from the US."

Sam smiles. "Really? That's fantastic. I haven't seen her in ages."

I look around. "Who's Jess?"

Clare grabs my hand. "Hasn't Sam told you about her. She's his best friend. They've been friends since they were four. She's been living in the U.S. for the past five years."

I fake smile. Jealousy creeps in. I don't like it. I look over at Sam and he's genuinely smiling. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this.

I face the TV as Sophia inserts a DVD into the DVD player.

Everyone takes a seat on the couch. Sam sits next to me and pulls my body against his. The butler brings several bowls of popcorn as he passes them around. Sam pops a popcorn into my mouth and I giggle.

This is good, this is exactly what I always wanted and now I've got it.

When Rose mentions Jess's name, a shiver runs down my spine. I frown. I don't get a good vibe and all I know is her name.