CHAPTER 38 - The Best of Me

This book reached 50 K reads and 16 in Chicklit. I thought I was dreaming when I saw it today morning. Thank you so much for the love and support.

Thank you H_A_db for the new cover.

Unedited. I hope there aren't too many mistakes. I want to edit properly but I am totally exhausted, having worked on this for hours.

---

"So, what do you think of her?" Karthik asked casually, getting on to the bed.

Sindhu sighed "I don't know. She seems like a nice person. May be they had small misunderstandings"

"What do we do now?" he asked anxiously.

"We wait. It shouldn't seem to them that we are interfering"

"Fine. Whatever you say" he said, stifling a yawn.

She smirked "Wow.. Aren't you sweet? Agreeing to your wife on everything"

"Only because she is better than me in these matters" he replied with a smile.

She rolled her eyes joining him on bed "Feeling tired?"

"A bit, yes. It's been a long day" he replied, holding back a yawn again.

"Have you talked to Tulasi lately? I wonder what's happening in her life" she questioned, thinking deeply.

"Everything is as expected. Her husband is being an idiot and she is having a tough life" he said, with a deep frown.

She jerked her head upwards instantly, facing him "Oh My God. We shouldn't have sent her; it's our mistake. I let her go---"

"Don't be stupid. She went there, willingly. She is a strong woman and will get through it"

"Are you sure?" she asked fervently.

"Yes, I am. And she will win her husband too because 'Good' always wins in the end"

She sighed placing her head on his chest "I hope that happens too"

Twirling his fingers in her hair, he thought deeply about what Tulasi said. He shared Sindhu's doubts and fears too but he knew one thing; people like Tulasi who does everything with conviction, will always yield successful results.

"I talked to Hemanth yesterday" Sindhu spoke calmly.

"Did he say anything important?" he asked, feeling interested.

"Yes" she replied with a smile "He met a girl"

"What? Really?" An unknown smile swept his face and he almost shouted. He may not have known him for a long time but knew that he was a good man; probably, the best. If anyone deserved to be happy, then it's him.

"Yes. I felt happy too when he said that" she replied, her eyes bulging in excitement "They have known each other for a short while but he is almost sure she is the one for him"

"Wow. I want to see that girl who charmed him" he said excitedly.

She chuckled "Me too. He said that we can Skype next time."

"Good."

"He sounded very happy" she began sadly, feeling nostalgic remembering the way he looked miserable before he left to US "I am very happy. My best friend finally found love. What more do I need?"

In order to lighten the situation, he forced himself to chuckle and said in a rather Sindhu-ish tone "I don't know about you but I want more from you"

She smiled between tears "And you'll get everything mister"

He smiled too, seeing her mood back to normal.