CHAPTER 34 - Life is beautiful

Thank you @Lasviniam1D for making the amazing new cover.. :)

My previous one was prepared by me. It must be obvious seeing it, since I suck at making covers. :p

---

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Ravi's question made Karthik uncomfortable as he tried to continue his work.

"I told you already. Nothing happened" he said, trying to be patient about his friend's relentless questioning.

"I know that's not true Karthik. If you were a woman, I would've thought you are pregnant since you are almost glowing"

He groaned "What the hell are you talking man? Stop your interrogation and let me do my job. I have tons of work and can't go home early if you continue this"

"You want to go home early? Why? Can't stop thinking about your wife?" Ravi questioned with a smirk.

Karthik blushed "I don't think it's any of your business"

"Whoa man!!! Now, I understand what happened" Ravi said with a knowing smile.

"Get lost" He replied, unable to hide his smile.

"Why? You want to call your wife and talk romantic stuff? Like you miss her so much and can't bear staying away from her" Ravi said dramatically, teasing him.

Seeing Karthik's shocked look, his eyes widened "Wait.. You already did that?"

When Karthik threw him a look, he burst into laughter "I can't believe it. It's been what? An hour since you came from home"

"I didn't do it today. Ok?"

"Yeah. Whatever" Ravi said, rolling his eyes "Still counts though"

"Why don't you get out? I still have to check the final draft document and do demo run with my team"

"That's so mean. Here I am trying to----"

"Embarrass me? That's what you are doing right now" Karthik finished him.

Ravi smiled naughtily "Fine, I will leave. Have fun with your project"

Karthik shook his head smiling at his best friend's behavior as he left his cabin. That man always wants to know everything, no matter how personal it is.

Sindhu was watching videos in her MacBook at home when she got a call from Tulasi.

"Hey, how are you?" She asked her.

"I am great. I just called to thank you for everything. Today is my first day and I am enjoying it so far"

"Did your husband see you?" Sindhu asked excitedly.

"Not yet. Since we work in different buildings, we haven't got face to face"

"Are you alright?" she asked hearing the sadness in her voice.

"I don't know if I can do it. He will be hurt seeing me with another guy. I don't--"

"Tulasi, tell me one thing. Were you happy when his mother threw you out?"

"Are you kidding? I was very hurt. He didn't say a single word"

"Then let him suffer too. And it's not just a matter of punishment. Don't you want your daughter to have a father? Are you willing to be a single mother making reasons every time she asks where her father is or are you going to do this and win him?"

"I have to do this. I will do this. Not just for me but for my daughter as well"

"Good" Sindhu said, feeling satisfied.