CHAPTER 8 - Not wanted

Hey guys.. Before going to the chap, I wanted to say something. I know you guys dislike the way Karthik behaves with Sindhu. So, I am going to tell something important.

It's not even 6 months after Tulasi left when Karthik's mom blackmails him to marry Sindhu. He pleads her that he is not ready to marry someone so soon when his heart is still with Tulasi. But his mom, doesn't listen and insists him to get married to Sindhu. So, he tells Sindhu to say no which she doesn't. So, he is angry at her. Still, I know it doesn't make him right; but guys!!! we are all humans and we make mistakes too. What is important is to learn from them. I have made tons of mistakes; sometimes knowing that they are wrong. He is not different from us.

To all those who think, he hates her and he should be punished for that, I would like to tell something. He doesn't hate her; he just doesn't want anyone in his life. He is an introvert which is changed a bit after Tulasi comes to his life. But when she leaves him, he becomes closed.

Hope, I cleared everything.

Please don't hate me after this chap.

-BTW dhobi means washer man-

——-

Nothing changed in their lives at Hyderabad. Karthik neither informed Sindhu while going to office nor did he talk to her.

It was the same old routine. She packed lunch for him though she had no idea who was eating it; she never dared to ask him.

Sindhu started volunteering every Tuesday and Friday like she did before; she didn't bother informing her husband. Though they lived in the same house, they lead their lives separately. She still doesn't know her husband's mobile number; she was scared that he might yell at her if she asked.

She spent the house expenses using her money; the money she saved while working. As she stayed with her parents while doing a job, she never got to spend except for her shopping.

She was glad she had money as she didn't want to ask him for everything. She knew he is not a miser; it's just that he simply didn't care what happened at his home.

As she was cleaning his room one day, she noticed his laundry bag overflowing with clothes. For days she hoped he would take them to laundromat as there is no washing machine in their house. She washed her clothes everyday, while bathing and didn't know what to do with his. His clothes were everywhere and found it tough to clean the room with everything on the floor.

His cupboards were almost empty with only about two formal shirts hanging in it and a few t shirts and track pants. Sindhu understood he is running out of clothes and decided to wash them for him.

After cleaning the house, she washed about a dozen of his formal shirts, pants and a few underwear. It felt odd washing men's clothes as it's her first time doing that; even her dad never asked her to wash his clothes.

After she washed them, she went to the terrace and dried them in the hot sun hoping they get dried by evening.

She looked at the other flats in her corridor and realized she never tried to greet her neighbors. When she found a woman coming out of a flat located right to theirs, she walked up to her and greeted her.

The lady invited her inside and Sindhu followed her as she had nothing to do at her house. The woman introduced herself as Shyamala and soon both were immersed talking about their families. Sindhu asked her if she can find someone nearby, to iron clothes. Shyamala suggested to go the watchman of their block who is a washer man himself.

Shyamala's husband came to the living after a few minutes and introduced himself as Srinivas.

Sindhu didn't like the way his eyes moved all over her body; she saw a look of lust on his face and immediately felt awkward and a bit angry.