Chapter 22. Good Good (Enzo's POV)

It's been about 15 minutes since Rose hung up on me. It was extremely random, so I've just been sitting in my room at my desk drawing. I looked up a picture of a rose, I found one with a wedding ring next to it. I thought it was a perfect picture, so I started to draw it.

I hear a text go through my phone,

Cal: Sup wyd

I couldn't care less right now about what he and Oliver have to say. So I put my phone on DND, and mute both of their numbers. I have never really been a sentimental person, but there's just too much history, and memories to block let alone delete their numbers. I know for a fact that Romeo, would be quick to delete their numbers in a heartbeat. He's always been very quick to drop one of his friends if they feel off, ever since we were kids. I never knew why he was like that, but he just is and always has been, I wish I was like that. That I didn't get attached to friends and people so quickly.

Since he's four years older than me, he'll be going to college after this year. He's planning to go to City College Of San Fransico, then go to Stanford. Since we live in San Fransico he will automatically go to a college in the city. He also goes to, Phoenix High with me, but he didn't go to school today, cause of some issue with his girlfriend or something about college next year. He didn't tell me, all I heard when he stormed out the door was I gotta meet Ruby, at Stanford, for an interview. Bye. Tomorrow is a big day for seniors, they get their senior ring passed out. Even though it's April, and the school year, going to end in June, our school is a little different.

I hear my dog boil running up the stairs, he's three. I find it funny that Rose has a dog named, Snowy, and I have a dog named Boil. My dog is a Shih Tzu also, he's a red Shih Tzu. I think he'd get along with Snowy, they've never met in the year me and Rose have been friends. Even though I've come over to her house before, that was when her parents were home, so they wouldn't let me bring Boil.

I hear a text go through my phone, it's from a random 415 number. I already know it's a scam number though.

415- 999- 7372: Heyy

There's no way I'm responding.

415 - 999 - 7372: Enzoo plz respond

How the hell does this creep know my name? Let alone have my number, but now I'm beginning to think this is someone from this generation, cause no old person spells please like that. There's also, no way this is a guy.

Me: Who is this? How do you have this number, and how do you know my name?

I'm only texting with punctuations, to sound professional. I never do, the only people I know who do are people who aren't apart of Gen Z.

415 - 999 - 7372: Omgg is about time u texted back

Me: Answer. My. Question.

415 - 999 - 7372: Chill out it's Violet

How the hell does she have my number? And when and why did she get it? I think the best idea is to just leave her on read, mute her number, and maybe even delete it.

I grab my AirPods from my library I go to the Confessions album in my library. Then, press go to the artist, and it brings up Usher's page. I see the album, it ranked number 95, on Apple Music's best albums. I scroll down and I go to his newest album. Coming Home (Expanded Edition) I press play on the second song. Good Good. As Usher sings,

"I hate that we didn't make it to forever, Probably ain't gettin' back together, But that don't mean that I can't wish you better, We ain't good good, but we still good, I realize that I can't be your lover, Let's just keep it honest with each other, I'll be happy for you when you find another, We ain't good good, but we still good, Who knew it'd be like this? Usually, my exes turn to enemies, But this is different, 'Cause we done got closer now that you ain't with me, All that love that we had, Ain't no way we gon' forget that, And your family love me like I'm family, You know where you stand with me"

The verses makes me think about how some relationships, just aren't meant to be. I also find it cool and a really good thing, that even though Usher's relationship with this girl didn't work out, they aren't against each other. I just really hope that things with me and Rose work out. That our families love me, and each other like family. And most importantly, that we somehow manage to make it to forever. If I ever get the guts to tell her.

But if there's one thing I know, it's that having Violet's number ain't good.

Song Credits: 

Good Good - Usher

Album Credits: 

Confessions, and Coming Home - Usher

This was kinda of a random chapter...

How'd you like it? What was your favorite part?

Also, do you like how I now have chapter names? At least 10-15 chapters in I kinda regret not using chapter names, so I decided to finally give them names. The names are/will be super random, and witty...

Thank you for all the reads, just hit 200!!

- Until next time, Maya 💞

Quote: Just because it's in your head, doesn't mean it doesn't exist - Albus Dumbledore (From Deathly Hallows)