Chapter 11. The Ship Has Been Sailed (Rose's POV)

Enzo's been in the bathroom for almost 10 minutes now. I texted him and he never texted back. I know he has the setting on where if you check your texts it shows as read. I know he saw my text, it's not like his phone is on DND (Do Not Disturb.) Ananya has been buggin' me for almost the last 10 minutes. Since I've admitted I like him, I haven't gotten a break since.

"Here connect to my AirPods," I say to Ananya.

"Alright. What you finna play? Ooh play Bandit or Stay High, it's been forever since we've heard that."

"Nah, I got a song I know you haven't heard in a while."

"Give me a hint at least, if you're not gonna play, Bandit or Stay High."

"No."

I go to my Apple Music library. Scroll past, NAUJOUR, Toosii - Playlist, Poetic Pain, Boys Don't Cry: Men Do, Graduation, Childhood Playlist, Death Race For Love, 8 To Infinity, and Nostalgia. Until I find Legends Never Die.

I press play on the 3rd song. Titanic. As the beat starts she looks at me in shock.

"NO, TITANIC!! It's been forever since I've heard this."

"I know right! Since on Monday we were listening to our old classics I had to play this." I say while dabbing her up.

Enzo. He's still in the bathroom, it's been 10 minutes. I pause the song. As soon as I realize.

"Why'd you pause the song?"

"Enzo. He's still in the bathroom. It's been 10 minutes, and he didn't respond to my text. And I know he has that setting on, where it shows as read. And I know he sees my texts, there's no way he doesn't." I begin to say really fast.

"Rose, chill he's fine. And will be fine."

Her words make me feel a little better. Then I go to Poetic Pain in my library and press play on the 5th song. Euphoria. I get about a minute into the song, when I decide to change it. He gets to the point where he sings

"Euphoria,

She said, "What's that feeling?"

I tell her, "Girl, the feeling euphoria,"

Wanna give you e'rything that you need I'm tryna plant a seed, Baby girl, I want more of ya, Euphoria,

She said, "What's that feeling?" I tell her, "Girl, the feeling euphoria,"

Weak in the knees I believe in love at first sight, He need 'bout a week."

I change the song to, "Dear Jhene." As Nel sings

"I  know I never met you, but I love you like you here,

Lately,  I been fighting demons, thinking you might disappear."

The lyrics get to me, and I go to Mr. Naujour's desk. I see him watching, a video of his, few months year old son, Erzah. I also see the top of his notebook page. It says "Letter To Erzah."

"Mr. Naujour?"

"Yeah, Rose?" He says while lifting his head up from his phone.

"Umm... Enzo's been out for like 10 minutes. I'm getting worried." I say.

I see him check his extremely iced-out watch. "Oh shit, your right. Don't worry. I'll call the office and tell them to get a security guard to the quad bathrooms. And, check on him, making sure he's not skipping."

"No. I know Enzo, he's not the kind of person to skip. Definitely not this class, and I know he wouldn't smoke or anything like that."

"I believe you, I can tell he wouldn't. I'm just saying since I know most students would. It's an instinct at this point, to expect it."

"Okay, thank you," I say while heading back to my seat.

I sigh while sitting back down.

"He's gonna send a security guard to the bathroom," I tell Aanaya.

Song Credits:

Stay High, Bandit, Graduation, and Titanic - Juice WRLD

Euphoria and Letter To Erzah - Toosii

Dear Jhene - Mbnel

Album Credits:

NAUJOUR, Poetic Pain, and Boys Don't Cry: Men Do - Toosii

Death Race For Love and Legends Never Die - Juice WRLD

8 To Infinity - Mbnel

Nostalgia - Rod Wave

How'd y'all like this chapter?? Tbh it was slightly random, but

Also, there's a slight change I'll be publishing another chapter tonight. I hopefully should get at least 2 chapters tomorrow that's for sure though.

Also, idk if y'all can tell but I've been trying to increase my word count per chapter. If y'all want shorter chapters (300-500 words) or longer chapters (600-1000 words) just lmk.

Also tysm if you made it this far.

(If ur my bsfs yk who u are. Do ur English work. n srry 4 all ur flawhs paranoier n insicirities also dhancing.😈💀💀Also btw my right AirPod just died 😢)

- Maya💞

Quote: "A women's heart is a deep ocean of secrets."