Chapter 13. Umm What? (Rose's POV)

I'm shook. I'm shocked. I'm overwhelmed. I have no idea what just happened.

If he thinks, that will make me not be mad, he's wrong. If I'm being so for real with myself, I'm definitely less mad. Not just at him, just in general, less mad.

"Umm..... what just happened?" I ask while looking at Ananya, whose jaw is on the floor.

"Girl. What do you mean, what just happened?" She says in an ecstatic tone.

"You have a chance. Do you not realize that?" She says.

"Oh, I realize it, that's one of the main reasons out of a few billion why I'm shocked."

"I need to text Autumn, Charlotte, literally everyone!" She says while pulling out her phone.

"NO! That is NOT happening. If I barely wanted you to know, I like him. What makes you think I want them to know he kissed me on the cheek?" I say in a very black tone.

"It's not personal or anything, you know that. I barely admitted I like him to you, and you wanna tell them I like him, and he kissed me on the cheek all in one class period? Hell nah, that ain't happening." I say in a very firm tone.

"Alright, alright. But this is an important question."

"What?"

"Do you still, think Enzo, sees you as just a friend?" She says in a very grave tone.

"Yeah. I do," I say blankly.

"Well, just know, from what I just saw. He looks at you like you are his entire world." She says in a whimsical tone.

"Stop playin' let me listen to Weight On My Shoulders, and scroll through Pinterest," I say dryly.

Song Credits:

Weight On My Shoulders - Rod Wave

So... how y'all feel..?

I know it's kinda a short chapter, but I needed it to end on a cliffhanger. I'm sorry, that's just what comes with being a writer. I guess I'd call myself a hypocrite, cause I HATE it when a cliffhanger happens and then goes to a POV of another character...

- Maya 💞