Chapter 4. City Of Love? (Lorenzo's POV)

I get into French class and sit down at our usual table, waiting for Rose and Ananya. They walk into class about two minutes after I get there.

Rose sits next to me while Ananya sits across from Rose, at the 4th table in the group of tables sits empty.

"So what took y'all so long?" I ask

"What some women can't take they time?" Ananya says jokenlgly.

"Connect our AirPods," Ananya says to Rose opening her AirPods Pro case.

"Nah, Enzo's gonna connect to mine. I got a few songs to put him on," Rose says while looking at me.

"Okay, yes Ma'am," I say in a fancy way, opening my AirPods case.

"So song you finna play for me?"

"Definitely something from, Boys Don't Cry: Men Do."

"But boys do cry..." Ananya buts in.

"That's not what Toosii means," Rose says blankly

"I think Imma City Of Love, How Does It Feel, and maybe Since 9th Grade," She says hesitantly.

I hear the beat of City Of Love and begin to bob my head lightly.

Toosii begins to rap,

"Yeah, know you ain't from Tennessee, but, you the only ten I see, 

You mix the Hennesy with the juice, don't know if you'll remember me"

The line Know you ain't from Tennessee but you the only ten I see makes me smile, and strangely think of Rose. To be honest I would say she's a 10, the way her dark brown eyes hit the sunlight, and her deep-colored skin.

"Imma actually skip this song. How bout' How does it feel? 

Sure!" I say with a very excited tone.

When she skips the song, this one kid, Bryce is gonna have the nerve to say " 

In love. Friendzone," in a kind of fake coughing way. While walking past me and rose in our seats.

I look back at him, in a muggin' kinda way, I know Rose thankfully didn't hear it. Since I can hear her AirPods so there's no way she heard it. If she and Ananya weren't in this class I would totally beat his ass.

Wait a minute, how does Bryce out of all people call me friend-zoned and in love? The only people there was Oliver and Cal.

It takes me a few more seconds to realize.

Unless they told him.

And if it gets to him.

It gets to everybody.

Song Credits: City Of Love, How Does It Feel, and Since 9th Grade - Toosii