Chapter 18

"Sir ab hum...matlab kya karna hain?" Kartik's man stammered. His guards were there too.

Kartik took his glance back from Sara and said,

"Isse police main dene ki jaroorat nahi. Iski thodi khatir daari karo aur itni ki sacchai ugle yah na ugle paar Sara ka naam jubaan pe lene ke kabil na rahe"

They nodded. Kartik grabbed Sara's wrist and pulled her along to their room. Sara didn’t protest a bit. As they reached their room, Kartik released Sara's wrist, his gaze piercing into hers, but all he found was a blank stare, devoid of any emotion.

"Kuch kehna nahi hain?" Kartik asked after making her sit.

He went towards his bag while she chuckled bitterly,

"Kuch bhi kahu tum yakeen karoge?"

Kartik was searching something but replied, "Tumhe kese pata manuga yah nahi"

"Tumhe hazar baar bol chuki hu ki tumse nafrat hain paar tumhe kabhi ese harm karne ka khayal tak nahi aya...kese proof karu"

"Nafrat ka matlab kya hota hain Sara?" Kartik asked still focusing on searching.

"Pata nahi" Sara replied lowering her gaze to her fingers.

Kartik pulled out a box and came to her. He sat facing her and took her hand silently. There was a slight cut by the side of her wrist. She got it while pulling him earlier. Kartik carefully pressed the cotton dipped in antiseptic. She didn’t wince a bit rather kept looking at him. He bandaged her cut properly.

"Agar isse nafrat kehte hain to mohabbat kise kehte hain?"

Sara kept looking at him blankly. He noticed her getting hurt when she herself didn't realise it because all she wanted to protect him. He was getting up but she caught his hand.

"Kartik mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha"

"Sab pata lag jayega"

"Tum believe karte ho Kartik ki woh log sach keh rahe the?"

"Jo sach tumne nahi kahi woh sach bhi mere liye jooth hi hain...aur tumse mujhe maut bhi manjur hain" saying this Kartik left leaving Sara alone in the room. He closed the door and went outside.

Sara fell to the ground from bed and started weeping.

"Nafrat nahi hain Kartik...kabhi nafrat kar hi nahi payi...tumne mujhse pyaar nahi kiya par mujhe to ho gayi na...mujhe to tumse mohabbat ho gayi..tum mujhe azaad karne ke baat se humesha haami vharte ho par woh baat karke main kiu tut ke bikhar jati hu...aaj...aaj jab tum behosh ho gaye the meri jaan nikal gayi thi Kartik..meri jaan nikal gayi thiii..."

In the dimly lit room, her shoulders trembled with silent sobs as she pressed  her hand firmly against her quivering lips, muffling the sound of her tears.

Kartik was standing outside watching the darkness of the sky. Tonight the moon wasn’t visible maybe due to dense cloud.

"Tum jab meri jindegi main pehli dafa ayi thi tab main janta tha ki kya irada tha tumhara...Janta tha ki tum saboot chahti thi mere khilaf...paar yeh bhi janta tha ki tum jo bhi kar rahi thi woh kisi wajah se...tum kabhi kisiko chot nahi poucha sakti Sara...Aur agar nafrat bhi karti ho to mujhe woh bhi manjoor hain kiuki tumne pyaar kiya tha...shayad main deserve nahi karta woh pyaar isiliye kho diya...."

Kartik got a call which broke his thoughts.

Sara was tired but still sobbing a bit  when her phone also rang. It was from her mother. Though she didn’t want to pick but she had to.

"Kesi ho Sara"

"Thik hu mom. Ap kesi ho?" Sara said calming her voice to normal.

"Main thik hu beta. London aa gayi thik thak"