Chapter 7

Sara finished her regular practices and started for her shoot. In the cab, her mind was blank. Today is the first day of her shoot...She was getting nervous again...thinking about all the probable blunders she could cause. But her heart also condoled her saying that Kartik would be there for her. Kartik became a part of her life and her thoughts unknowingly....

Wasn't he?

Sara stepped onto the set. Kartik along with the entire crew greeted her with a warm smile. Kartik was already ready for the take and she got ready too and understood her assignment for the first scene.

The clapperboard was there with the title

Ishq E Junoon

It banged and the director said "Action"

The scene was Kartik's morally grey character ruthless mafia Aaryan Ahuja confronted Sara's naive character  Yeasmin Khan in a dimly lit alley as he was totally in love and
obsessed behind her.

He caged her between him and a wall with one hand and other hand was around her bare waist. She was shivering due to this proximity in real but working so well for the reel. Her breathing was uneven and merging with his. Her floral fragrance was working as a intoxication for him .Their eyes were seeping to their souls amidst the dimly lit aura that they created inside the set. Kartik recited his dialogues..

"My precious moonbeam, Why are you getting scared?"

Sara calmed herself in mind remembering that it was only a scene...a reel thing not a real thing and muffled saying "I am not"

Kartik smirked, "You better not. Meri ankho main dekho...Are you finding anything other than love?"

Sara glared at him,"Kiu picha kar rahe ho mera?"

Kartik whispered touching her earlobe with his lips,
"My little kitten, I am in love with you and I won't leave something so easily that I am obsessed with"

Cut...

Sara and Kartik got away from each other. The director shouted,

"Perfect shot" and everyone clapped.

Sara got really excited that she hugged Kartik for the first time in over excitement. Kartik couldn't comprehend it at first but then returned the hug. Sara realised and quickly broke the hug...

"Ahh..Sorry"

"Arey it's ok"

They shared a smile.

Their shooting was going pretty well. The crew whispered among themselves, marveling at the palpable chemistry between Sara and Kartik.The director couldn't help but smile as he observed their natural connection, knowing it would translate beautifully onto the silver screen.

Their shoot was almost done and Kartik was engrossed in his phone. He was unaware of a shooting prop which was about to hit him.

With lightning reflexes, she lunged forward, grabbing Kartik's arm and pulling him out of harm's way just in time.

"Kartik are you ok? Kahi lagi to nahi na?" Sara asked anxiously while checking him.

Kartik composed himself and held her   arms,  "Tumhe to nahi lagi na? Tum thik ho na?"

"Haan I am fine" Her heart was hammering her chest...

The crew gasped in relief and Kartik smiled at Sara with gratitude and admiration in his eyes.They went to the dressing rooms to change their clothes.

"Kartik, lunch break main kahi bahar chale? agar tum free ho.. next shoot to shaam ko hain" Sara asked entering.

"Haan sure..."Kartik was in front of the mirror adjusting his hairs.

Sara's phone rang and she picked. Suddenly Kartik heard a thud behind and he turned. Sara was on the chair
with blank expressions and her phone was loose on her hand. Kartik caught  her tightly to make her steadied.

"Sara...Sara What happened? "

"Kar..Kartik..woh Mrunal mam"

"Haan tumhari senior"

"She is no more" Sara broke into tears

"Kese?"

"She got into an accident, Kartik and"
Sara was shivering

"Sara please shant..."

"Kartik she has a small child..he was in the car too. He survived...Kartik woh..I need to go" Sara hurriedly got up.

"Main bhi chalta hu. You are not alright"

Sara was weeping the entire way. Sometimes the people we work with became very special and only some people can understand this emotional
connection without any blood relation and Sara was one of them.

Sara rushed to the hospital. As Sara stumbled upon the lifeless form of Mrunal, shock and grief washed over her. Kartik, sensing her distress, rushed to her side, wrapping her in a comforting embrace. With gentle words and a reassuring presence, he offered solace to Sara in her moment of sorrow, his support a steady anchor amidst the turmoil of the scene. Sara started crying hugging him. Some colleagues of her were also there. Suddenly a little boy around 7/8 years old pulled Sara's dupatta with his tiny hand.

"Sara didi"

Sara quickly wiped her tears and took the boy in her arms.

"Ivaan..baccha kese ho aap?" Sara asked kissing the little one's cheek.

"Sara didi main bohot bura hu na..papa mumma sab mujhe chod k chale gaye" said he kept his head on her shoulder.

"Nahi baccha..ap to sab se ache ho"
Ivaan was crying. Sara asked a girl,

"Did someone call his father?"

"Nahi Sara...paar uske mama ane wale hain"

"Oh"

Sara replied but realised that Ivaan slept due to exhaustion. Though Kartik managed to convince Sara to go with him and have something as they had to shoot again.
The funeral would be the day after. There were people to take care of Ivaan and his mama would come soon.

She had to leave with Kartik. In Kartik's car, she rested her head on his shoulder. He engulfed her with his arms around and started stroking her hairs. His heart ached seeing her. He never imagined her to be so emotional and strong at the same time. She was a wonderful girl he could ever meet.

She didn't care about any awkwardness to be so close to Kartik.Her mind was blank not able to think anything and it was getting calm because of his presence.

But somewhere she felt to investigate everything with tiny details as there were unknowns beyond of anyone's imagination.

Sara had to shoot though Kartik and her team made it easy. Her mom manage to get her an amazing team including a personal manager, hairstylist, make up artist and a lady to take care of her lifestyle.

Kartik was putting his heart and soul to make the shot easier for her. Even he sat to motivate her when she had to shoot her solo scenes. He was constantly looking out for her.

In the midst of her grief, Sara found solace in Kartik's kindness. Though she noticed Kartik silent than usual. Maybe her situation made him worried or he cared about her feelings a lot.

Sara was leaving after the pack up and Kartik came to her vanity.

"Sara are you ok? Kartik asked with genuine concern.

"Yeah I am fine...Thanks for the day Kartik. I don't know tumhare bina aaj main kya karti"

"It's ok Sara. I understand your feelings. Acha to main chalta hu. Please don't skip your dinner and take care. Kal milenge.

"I won't. See you"

Sara smiled and Kartik left. Her smile vanished thinking about an important work to do then.

Do vote and Comment

Signing off