Chapter 10

Sara's eyesight was blurry and she felt a sharp pain waking up. She discovered herself in a claustrophobic place with darkness around. She realised there was a blue dim light at one corner but due to the overwhelming unconsciousness, she couldn't see properly.

"Please usse jane do...woh...please" Jemy begged to Mrigesh hugging Ivaan who was already crying in fear.

"Kiu re tujhe badi humdardi ho rahi hain" Mrigesh gritted his teeth

"Woh bohot acchi hain. Apke jooth ko sach maan ke usne yeh sab kia"

"To?"

"Please usse chod do" Jemy cried.

"Kiu teri ma ki paas hi to choda hain" Mrigesh laughed out.

Sara stood up on her feet. She was still feeling dizzy and touching her head backwards, she realised the blood is already clotted there which was hurting really bad. But she could see her surroundings in that ominous blue light. She glanced around, her eyes widening as they settled on the woman in the corner. The woman's wild eyes gleamed with a manic intensity as she grinned, revealing a mouthful of sharp teeth. The woman was in dirty whitish clothes and her hair was dirty and messy. It was nothing less than a horror character. Sara's screamed her lungs out.

The psychotic woman's voice sliced through the tense silence like a knife.

"Minii", she hissed, her voice dripping with malice. Her lips curled into a sinister smile as she advanced slowly towards Sara, her every movement oozing with menace.
Sara's heart hammered in her chest as she realized the full extent of the danger she was in.

Sara's mind suddenly came up with a thought. She took out her emergency phone from her dress pocket and knife from her leggings. She forwarded it to the woman to protect herself and kept moving in the room. She called Kartik as there could be no one but him to come there.

Kartik's phone rang.

"Hello" Kartik said picking up the phone.

"Kartik...mrigesh k ghar...woh mujhe...please come to..." Sara's voice was coming out hardly. She felt her throat dry and aching badly.

"Sara hold on" Kartik already started running to his car.

He got into the car and sped up high. He was not in his senses. Sara's voice was playing in his mind. This was his last chance to mend his biggest mistake in life. He geared up once more. He never drove his car in this speed in a lifetime.

Varun's words started echoing,

"Kartik itni der bhi maat karna ki puri jindegi baas uski yaado ke sahare guzarni pade"

Jemy was holding Ivaan tightly to her chest. Mr.Mrigesh was sipping alcohol.

"Shuna shuna" He laughed hearing her heart wrenching scream

Kartik bursted into the hallroom.

"Kya kiya hain tune?"Kartik shouted.

"Arey arey Kartik ji shant. Itna gussa sehat ke liye hanikarak hain"

"Sara Kaha hain?" Kartik yelled.

"Arey baithiye. Sara ji ko bula lenge. Apne ghar pe hi hongi"

"Woh yehi hain.Bata kaha hain" Kartik made Mr.Mrigesh stand holding his collar. His bodyguards caught Kartik from behind and Kartik jerked them away.

Sara felt the wall behind and the knife fall from her hand but her phone was with her and she was ran out of any direction. The woman was coming forward her and she screamed on top of her lungs.

And the psycho woman's grip tightened around Sara's throat, Sara's world began to blur as she struggled to draw breath. In a moment of sheer desperation, Sara summoned every ounce of strength within her to break free from the woman's grasp. Sara was about to give up when the door broke and light came in. She recognised the silhouette.

Kartik barged in and pushed the maniac lady. She fall with a thud and Kartik pulled Sara to his arms. Sara was trembling as he engulfed her stroking her hair.

"Yaha to mel melap chal raha hain. Humne rang main vhang daal diya" Mr.Mrigesh let out his venomous words.

"Kartik tum innocent ho na?" Sara mumbled in his chest.

Kartik was stunned at her words. Even in this situation, she was trying to gather evidences to prove him innocent.

"Haan haan Sara ji apke ashiq bilkul nirdosh hain. Ehh in dono ko bahar laa"

Mr.Mrigesh's man caught Sara and Kartik and separated them and dragged them in the hallroom where Jemy was sitting with a sleeping Ivaan on her lap .

Mr.Mrigesh held his gunpoint to Kartik's side and said,

"Pehle to tujhe khatam karunga kiuki agar tu bahar gaya aur yeh sab ugal diya"

"To mujhe maar k tu bach jayega?"

"Agar apni behen ko marwa sakta hu aur bach sakta hu to tujhe kiu nahi?"

"Mrunal..." Sara gasped.

"Haan Mrunal Sen meri behen hain...opps..thi" Mr.Mrigesh said

"Mrigesh dushmaani mujhse hain na teri. To Kartik ko kiu ghasita?" Sara yelled.

Mr.Mrigesh laughed and picked up the remote and started playing a video.

Sara watched the chilling video footage, her world shattered into a million pieces. The betrayal cut deep as she sees Kartik, someone she trusted with her life a minute ago, colluding with Mr.Jadeja to set her up for a deadly trap. The realization hit Sara like a ton of bricks, and she was consumed by a whirlwind of emotions - anger, betrayal, and fear.

Mr.Mrigesh said,

"Kartik hi to hero tha mere iss game ka. Par usne hi piche hatke sab bigaad diya. Sara ji dekhiye ap kitni special hain humare liye ki humne Mrunal,Kartik sab ko set kiya baas apko fasane ke liye"

Sara looked at Kartik who lowered his gaze to his feet. Sara was held behind by a muscled guard and she was not even protesting that time.

"Kiu?" Sara whispered.

Mr.Mrigesh squeezed her cheeks with his hand and said,

"Kiuki jo aurat ke saath tu thi woh meri biwi hain. Teri ma ne jab meri jindegi barbaad ki thi tab pyaar karta tha main usse. Teri ma ki wajah se, mere upar hue case ki wajah se woh mujhse saadi ke liye na kar rahi thi to pakad laya main saali ko. Yeh jo dekh rahi hain(pointing towards Jemy) yeh behen nahi beti hain meri...woh psycho vhaag rahi thi ise lekar bana diya pagal .Teri ma ne mera career, pyaar sab khatam kar diye. Arey kya kiya tha uske saath chuya hi to tha. Tune usse India ane se mana karke galti kar di. Socha tha Kartik tera dil todega aur tujhe maar ke teri laash teri ma ko dikhaunga paar ab main tujhe saadi karunga. Tujhe haar din tadpaunga"

Sara was blank. How could someone plan like this!

"Usse haat maat lagana Jadeja" Kartik yelled.

"Haan Jadeja. Pata hain tujhe teri ma ki wajah se mere baap ne mujhe jail se riah karane ke baad bohot jaleel kiya to main kameene ka surname bhi chod diya" Mr.Mrigesh said looking at Sara.

Sara felt like she could collapse at any moment. But then Mr.Mrigesh said,

"Jemy jao Sara ko ready karwake law. Pehle isse shaadi karunga fir iske ashiq ko marunga. Aur humari sasu ma ko call. Bohot kaam hain quick"

Jemy left Ivaan on the couch and went near Sara. Sara was compelled to go. She was leaving when a man pushed a injection to Kartik's hand causing him scream and he fainted. Sara left Jemy's hand and ran to him. She patted his cheeks

"Mara nahi hain Sara ji. Jyada hoshiyaari na kare apki tarah isiliye"

Sara got ready by the help of Jemy and guards were there all the time. Sara couldn't think anything. She need to save herself at any cost. And Kartik too.She need answers.

Do vote and comment

Signing off