Chapter 4: Good Person

|<I'll get going... then. See you> I wave at Hyunjin before heading to class with Felix.|

Hyunjin waves back at me with a hint of a smile on his lips

Hyunjin waves back at me with a hint of a smile on his lips. I sigh and I walk beside Felix.

I really don't know how to feel about what happened earlier. Today is nothing but what I expected it to be.

<Why did Yeji react like that?> Felix suddenly asks me as we see Yeji in the distance in the hallway.

I turn my head to him and I shrug my shoulders. <It's not really clear to me either. This morning she did something similar, always regarding Hyunjin. I assume they may be dating but neither of them confirmed anything> I explain to Felix, turning the corner of the hallway.

<I see... but even if they are dating, you did nothing wrong if he did anything more than helping you in that bathroom.> Felix reassures me with a soft smile. I smile back at him and I nod.

<I do care about Yeji, so I would like to try to clarify but I don't know how.> I admit, glancing at the distant figure of Yeji walking.

<Well, you can start by finding out if they are dating or not. You can ask her or Hyunjin.> Felix proposes his idea.

<I don't think it's a good idea talking to Hyunjin for now. It's better to wait for things to calm down.> I say, with a wave of sadness. It's true that I care about Yeji but Hyunjin put really a lot of effort in helping me today and I find myself feeling safe with him. I don't want to stop talking to him like that, expecially if I did nothing wrong.

<Yeah, you are right.> Felix nods and we arrive in front of our classroom.
<Go sit next to her and try to solve things> He says, gently pushing me inside with a chuckle.

As I enter the classroom I feel a lot of eyes locked on me. Crap, people don't forget easily as I hoped to. I notice someone who giggles with his friends while pointing at me.

Yeji is sitting in the corner of the classroom, staring at me with an unreadble expression.

I stand motionless at the door frame, my nails pressing on my palm for the nervousness. I hate this kind of attention. I hate being hated. I hate being mocked.

Felix probably noticed the situation since he quickly stepped next to me, a hand on my shoulder.

I look at him with panic all over my face. I'm one step away from running away and never coming back here.

Or at least until I saw Felix's radiant smile as he looked at me. Suddenly all the pressure is gone and I don't feel uneasy anymore.

Without saying anything he leads me to Yeji's school desk, keeping me by his side.

I hear my classmates mutter something but I don't pay attention to it.

On the seat next to Yeji's there is her backpack. She looks at the both of us and after a few seconds of staring she moves her backpack on the ground, freeing the chair.