Chapter 1: New Life

<<>>January<<>>

<<>>January<<>>

<Hi, nice to meet you. My name is Kim Eunbi and last week I moved to Seoul from my natal city, Busan. I hope we can all be frie- >

<Eunbi hurry up! You don't wanna be late the first day of school, right?>

I groan as my introduction rehearsals at the mirror were interrupted by my mom's annoying voice from outside my room. I'm getting ready for my first day of school here in Seoul but I'm kinda nervous.

<I know, I'm ready!> I reply yelling to make sure she hears me.
I moved to Seoul after my parents divorced and my mom decided to move to a different city so she could easily forget my father. For me, going away from Busan wasn't that traumatic as I didn't have many friends there.
I walk down the stairs with my backpack, grab my sandwich and exit the door.

<I'm leaving, don't wait for me for lunch, I'm going to stay at Yeji's place. Bye> I say as I bite the sandwich.

<Alright, be careful on your way home. Bye>

I close the door as soon as my mom ended the sentence and while I'm walking, I pull out my phone from the pocket and call Yeji.

We've met online two years ago and we've never met in real life before. Finally, I moved here so I can meet her! I chose the same school of her, the S.E.H.S. (Seoul Education High School), so we can talk every day and do activities together. We decided earlier to meet at the park in the front of our school before it starts. Seconds later, Yeji answers the call.

<Hii Eunbi! Are you coming? I'm almost there.> She says.

<Yes, I'm on my way, wait for me!>

<Hurry up, I want to see you!>

I laugh and end up the call after greeting each other. In fact, I have to walk faster as the school starts at 8:00 o'clock and it's actually 7:25.

Luckily, I don't live too far away from the school so I can walk there easily.

About 10 minutes later, I arrive at the park and start looking for Yeji. She said that she is wearing the school uniform but this detail it's not helping me at all as half of the people at the park are students too.

Then, I decide to text her asking where she is. Minutes passed by and I still didn't receive a reply so I start to explore the park looking for her.

While I was looking around in a very weird way, I feel someone lightly tapping on my shoulder. It must be her! Exited, I turn around really fast and I hug Yeji strongly.

<Wow Yeji! Do you go to the gym regularly? I envy your muscles> I chuckle, squeezing her arms.

<I... can't... breathe- >

My heartbeat stops as a non-so-feminine voice speaks quietly making me realise that something is wrong. I distance myself from the person I've just hugged and as soon as I look up, I see a very handsome guy with the same school uniform as me, that is lightly touching his hurting body parts.