Wedding

(I am really thinking of writing a chapter for the d-12 oc since I can't stop thinking about her lol. Bera is close to her ending after all)

"My little man has grown up!"

"Bera, stop it; I am older than you!"

"Little maaaaaaan."

It was more to annoy Finnick but it also felt off to be part of a marriage, like asked to be in the front rows for the ceremony because she was the reason why Annie survived her games after all... Other then knowing to swim of course but that spear was useful.

Talking about spears, Bera got a new shiny one, the same as before but there was no way that she'd go back to 2, it was a day to go back and forth and she is not down for that.

Bera sure felt like the least apt person to be like front row important in someone's wedding even if all she'd do is sit and clap at the kiss... Have you seen her CV? She is not qualified for this job.

Yes... She is already worrying about just breathing wrong while the ceremony goes down... And yes, they are just at the part of decorating the room.

Bera is not a social animal, she's the cryptid seen sneaking out in the forest and sometimes stealing a sheep or an unfortunate cat and not seen sitting nicely between her prey and, shivers, socializing.

Yeah she was really not the person to even talk about marriage too... Have you seen her flirting?

Anyhow, her job was to annoy the shits out of Finnick she'll do one heck of a job at it.

--------------------------------------------

It was nice anyway.

Listening to a random man read out of some book while Annie and Finnick stood in white clothing with a weird net over their heads. (I think I read about that being part of their marriage ceremonies in 4, a net at some put so you are getting a net.)

And even after the official kiss of husband and wife, it was still not over! In 8 you got married, tied the literal knot you'd hang in your home's doorway to signify a new marriage and the go home or some shit, she didn't know much... But all this music and food and dancing? What is this horrible thing she ended up in?

Currently, she needed to give props to Potato and Johanna, both ladies having found a nice spot to the side and away from people as she squeezed herself in there too. Well it was not a squeeze but still.

"Coin doesn't want me in the Capitol." Potato suddenly said as they watched the dancing. "After I was almost shot she doesn't believe I should risk myself."

"I am on house arrest too." Johanna said.

"Don't like Jeremy, you could have come with if you didn't wanna stay with Cashmere." Bera nudged her but she was not that mad. Enobaria had flipped her shit at Coin when she couldn't come along because of how flammable her temper was and because 2 was not trusted, 1s and 2 would be out of this fight.

"You are being sent in?" Potato asked Bera.

"Of course I am, Finnick is too, your friend Garlic is also there with Boggs dude, a few more but yeah."

"And I am still staying here..." Potato was unhappy. 

"Well there the hovercrafts leave at six in the morning." Bera said as she leaned in to whisper to her. "So you have time to convince her still. Now go, you know you wanna dance."

Bera was left with Johanna, Potato's sister coming to drag her away to dance with her.

"You know she'll follow right?" Johanna said.

"I am not that sure, she doesn't wanna step out of Coin's shadow, doing this would be her choice."

"I think she'll find a way to come with you."

"Probably, this is too important to her." Maybe Potato will finally become her own pawn and take control instead of letting presidents make moves that force her to do something to counter it.

---------------------------------------

Even if Bera was more dressed up, it was still not military grade.

Her whole outfit was the same, even the holed T-shirt but under it she wore a long sleeved padded shirt that covered her chest, back and forearms with bullet resistant things along with a pair of leggings under her pants with similar covers for the side of her thigh and chins. Her boots were the same but a steel toe cover literally nailed into it.

Outside of stubbornness in not wearing armor there was another reason. Bera relies a lot on speed for enough combat and getting the upper hand in her fights with more learnt fighters. If Brutus was faster she'd have been toast. Heavy and bulky protection, even if they are not that heavy of bulky, from 13 would be a considerable loss of speed so she'd take the risk and have only partial protection or none at all.

"Please be careful." Cecelia was seeing the same tribute go fight to the death once again, how many times will she need to live through this?

"I'll try to be, I still have your tokens after all and I promised to not make them decorate a dead body."

"I wish you didn't need too." She was basically useless in this war which was why she need to stay behind.

"I know but don't worry, I am hard to kill."

"Be careful." Enobaria demanded. "Don't be stupid."

"And I thought it would be all nice and gentle. You are still grumpy at me?"

"I cannot come along and you are sent directly to your potential death in this fucked up Capitol... All I'll do is sit and wait not knowing what happens to you."

"I'll come back soon enough, you won't notice I am gone." (accidentally wrote god instead of gone.)

Enobaria sighed heavily.

"I still need to repay that kiss if that happened." Seems the Capitol not only fucked up Bera's memories.

"Yeah by the train, it did but wait until I am back. That's my price." She winked.

"Everyone time to go!"

"Well I'm off. Bye bye!" She skipped before sad goodbyes could go on, taking a deep breath.

Careful Snow for your nightmare is on the way.