-Snow-

The room was relatively empty compared to a regular Capitol room.

Plain white with blue undertones, a little shelving unit on the right wall, a plant with large leaves in the left corner, and a big mahogany desk in the middle of the room, a man on each side of it in plain black suits, one familiar man sitting behind such a desk.

"Men, please leave me alone with Miss Helfir." The most hated and yet beloved voice of their time said.

The suited men, those here and those that brought her here, all simultaneously turned to the exit and left through it, locking the door.

"President." She greeted with a halfway bow that was more or less just a head tilt... But at least it was something.

"You know you are really troublesome for me."

"Am I?" She smiled. 

"It is your behavior. It is not what the people expected."

"Well, I'm sorry, but I am who I am."

"I understand that, Miss Helfir. But we can't have the people see the ugly sides of the games."

"Just spit it out, president. This back and forth is boring."

Snow even chuckled at the disrespect.

"We need people to forget."

"This is a serious question; we both know what you want of me. How do you think you could force me to sleep around for you when I have nothing to lose?"

"Incredible gut feeling, Miss Helfir... That's an interesting question, too. I also wondered about it."

"President, I'll play your game if I can make the rules."

"What do you mean?"

"You want me to make them forget? Sure, I will. Do you want me to sleep around? I might as well. Be the new mentor of 8 to make my miraculous survival because more explained when 8's tributes survive longer and longer each game? I am your person... But I want to decide when, why, who, where. I'll be the most beloved victor the Capitol had, but I'll do it my way. I sleep with the people, but I decide who is worth it; I make 8 the next best tributes but through my methods... It would benefit your people."

"And it would mean unchaining you, letting you do what you want."

"Exactly." She grinned. "But it benefits you; all I get from it is Valerius not being killed." And she wouldn't truly be hurt if he was.

"You are really cunning, Miss Helfir... I'll be clement today. I'll agree to your conditions, but if you fail to live up to your promises, you'll be reminded why the Capitol knows best."

She bowed mockingly, even doing a little courtesy before letting herself out of the room.

Ah yes, people lovingly threatening her. He has no idea what is behind her eyes, what vile thoughts Bera could have, what dangerous thing this could be, and she loved it.

She'll play her part in this game, she'll be nice, she'll do exactly as she promised. She'll sugarcoat her insults, she'll be a whore, she'll be a mentor but all of that to her sauce, and Snow is not ready for it, but she is sure the Capitol will love it.

And if the Capitol as a whole loves Bera, Snow will be unable to punish her... And if he does... well, he better be ready for all the news to be about the darling victor of 8 being unjustly hurt by the president for accidentally angering him... Not even the Capitol would watch their most beloved be mistreated, and she'll make sure of it.

"Now, let's just find someone willing to help me." She happily said to herself. "There must be someone." Oh, how amusing this fucked up life of hers was.

Bera would make sure James and the others didn't die for nothing. No matter the hurt, she'll live life fully and she is even starting to trouble enjoy it.

It's time to just find a real reason why it was her that won.

(Bera is hard to write, lol; her attitude is not something I do a lot, or at least not this type, even if similar in a few ways. But I like it, lol.)