Events

Bera let herself tumble off the branch that was hurting her so much when the mist had settled down.

She groaned in pain as she stood up; the pollen was covering the ground, and walking into it with boots was not hurting her.

It hurt, it hurt, it hurt.

But when the mist was not touching her skin or not breathed in, it stopped making her bleed, fucking Capitol resources... Used to make them suffer.

She crouched down, it was hard as her legs wanted to give out but that would mean touching down.

All the glittery mess was wet and stained a deep deep read around the human body and on what it covered.

She ignored spilling her blood as she brushed it off Woof's face, cleaning it off as best as she could but some parts of the skin were coming with it so she stopped when she could make out his face.

Biting her tongue, fists tight and head hung.

"Why?" She asked in a broken voice. "Why Woof? Why?" Her voice was shaky and she was surprised she still had tears to shed, the salty water of them washing more of the bloody pollen off his face.

She never wanted him to die for her, losing another district partner while all she could do was watch.

"I am so sorry." She croaked out. "I never wanted this."

Once again, she failed to bring her partner back to district 8, once again she causes agony.

The sound of a hovercraft approaching was growing louder and louder, the downdraft of it bending trees out of the was and kicking up the pollen, sending it flying away from them while making Bera cough once again.

Difficultly, she stood up, backing up a few steps as the claws came down to scoop the old mentor up.

She watched it rise him into the sky and into the hovercraft, when the under doors of it closed and it left, that... Was not when Bera did.

She stood, watching where the hovercraft was for a long time before dropping her head and struggling back to grab her spear, dusting it off and tapping it against the still up transparent wall.

Before she could ask way tho, a male tribute from another lower district burst out of the jungle and ran into it.

He was in complete panic, pounding his fists against the wall and looking over his shoulder. Begging, screaming with tears of terror for her help.

Bera stood back, knowing the wall was unbreakable and now knowing it is sound blocking too.

The huge, twice the size of a human, like a great ape but even worse, the mutt that looked like that soon emerged from behind him and the man tried to run, abandoning begging for Bera's useless help, he ran as he could.

Bera looked at the huge beast looking at her before it turned to follow the man.

She watched both vanish into the tree line and shrubs once again.

Looking away, using her spear as a walking stick, slowly making her way down, if this pollen hurts only through direct touch, she should find water and wash it off, her outfit and skin have a dried orange and bloody tint to them.

She limped, so much so that she limped with two legs. (That one thing my boss said after my first day of apprenticeship, feet hurting so bad that I was limping on two feet.) 

It was harder to move through the vegetation like this but her solace came soon enough, a little pond in the middle of the pain.

She used her hand to splash out the top layer of pollen from it, it was a let up from the pain as she washed herself off, she was laying in it by the end of it, just soaking this off.

Boom!

She was almost sure it was the man running from the beast from before.

With a sigh she dunked her head under water and breathed in on purpose.

Jerking up and coughing out a good two cups of salt water was not something she enjoyed but the stinging of the salt in her airways hurt less then the pollen so you can bet that despite the pain of it and her body screaming no, she waterboarded herself three more times to by sure to wash out the pollen from her body.

She sighed as she sat in the water, finally stopping her self torture, she had still bled, she was still in pain for a long while even if now it was a dull ache, like working out a bit too much for all the body, so she'd be a bit less good with anything.

But there was one thing, she needed to move, she needed to move away from this place before this damned arena tries to kill her again.

And so she walked, suddenly the invisible wall was gone and she took the risk, decided that the walls were up only when a deadly event was active, to walk through the part until she touched another wall, waiting for it to vanish to move on and so on.

She stopped when before another wall, a huge wave higher then her by a shit tone, swept through the section.

Here in the one before it there was high trees, no flowers, not beast prints.

And so, with these branches being much lower, she easily climbed the tree, getting high in the canopy and using her belt of knives to tie herself there, closing her eyes, just exhausted.

------------------------------

She woke up at the wave shaking the ground once again, soon followed by a boom, killing a tribute... But it was day again, had she seriously slept a whole day? Then why did no event bother her?

She soon got her answer.

She was hungry as she climbed down, looking around to take a fruit off a tree, smelling it and bite-- She stopped herself just before her teeth pierced the fruit, eye narrowed at it.

She had not seen this fruit in another sector, that's all she could call these closed of deadly events, sectors.

And she'd have bitten in this fruit if it was not for that fact, this was the first time she sees any fruit in any of the places.

She grabbed a knife and cut into--"FUCK!!" She threw it, what looked like spiders with huge stingers came out of it, as if turned on by the skin of the fruit being broken. "Die, die, die!" She stomped on the thing.

But now she was curious, grabbing what looked like a strawberry and gathering her cool before sliding it, no bugs in it but the liquid in it started boiling in contacts with the air and when she touched the part of her knife that had cut it, it was really warm.

she thought a bit, jumping to rip a peach out of a tree, so this event never ends actually, all that would be food would try to kill the tribute.

She sliced into this one and the liquid dripping out sizzle on the leaves it fell on and ate through them like acid.

Bera knew she should move, deciding to walk back to the beach but slicing more fruits, having an idea.

and she found her idea, it was little red fruits on a vine, cutting it open didn't have any visible reaction but, as a test, a drop of it on her skin, burnt. She tried to wash it off but the liquid of the fruit was so sticky and so hard to get off.

She ended up carefully covering the blades of the four throwing knives with it.

This truly is no normal arena.

She scoffed at her own thoughts with a ticked off smile.

"Normal arena my ass." She muttered to herself.