Chapter 29: "We're together Fleur. We'll be together. I promise."

"You are not allowed to do something like that ever again!" Fleur scolded her boyfriend- Percy Jackson. Her perfect French was not hard for the demigod to understand who silently nodded. Arguing with Fleur right now would not be welcomed.

"Yes ma'am." he mumbled back in French as Fleur continued her barrage of warnings and threats. He could still feel her sobs against his chest, the feeling of her precious tears rolling off her perfect face and dripping onto his chest from her sharp, but soft jawline.

"You scared me to death. I thought you were dead-" she continued as fresh tears formed in her eyes. It was the worst moment of the French champion's life- seeing the dead body of her boyfriend in the middle of the quidditch field. Harry Potter had beaten her to the triwizard cup, she had fought the two blast ended skrewts while the younger boy had run off and grabbed the cup. She had been furious, but understood that she had lost and accepted the fact. She had shot silver sparks from the end of her wand and had been led out of the maze. The cheers of the crowd were deafening. Her mother's hug was gentle and filled with pride, same as her father's smile.

It had taken more than a few minutes for Harry to get back with the cup. Percy's absence had struck her but her high spirits were impossible to trample. She had waited for his return with her friends- Camille and Hugo. Harry's sudden appearance was marked by the cheers of the Hogwarts students turning an octave higher. She could see several witches and wizards cast silencing charms on their ears. The silence that followed had brought her attention to the centre of the field and to Percy Jackson's body. She had felt dead herself as she ran to him.

"Fleur. It's okay. I'm fine. We are fine." Percy's deep voice rang out in her ears as he cupped her cheeks and pulled her flush against his chest. His chiseled hand felt like it was moulded to hold her face. His hard thumbs drew circles on her cheeks before rising to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"We're fine." He repeated and in the moment, as Fleur's sky eyes met the swirling sea of Percy's, she felt like everything was perfect. She could see their future in his eyes. A small shack at the beach. Two children- a girl and a boy. She could hear the noisy household's laughter in her eardrums, she could feel the sweet aroma of delicious food in her nostrils. She could feel the pleasure of Percy's presence in her mind.

The French champion rose to her tiptoes and Percy ducked his head to hers in response. Their lips met in a clash of love and passion. Percy's right hand slipped from her cheeks and reached her lower back. Fleur moaned in response, her mouth opened against Percy's and his tongue entered her mouth.

"Perzy. . ." She moaned and said boy moved his face away from her's.

"We're together Fleur. We'll be together. I promise."

"I won't let you leave." she flashed him a toothy smile before exhaling loudly, "Perzy. I'll understand if you don't want to tell me right now, but, what happened?"

Percy showed no apprehension at her question, he nodded as he sat down on one of the chairs of the numerous scattered about in one of the empty classrooms of the ancient castle of Hogwarts. He began recounting the story, his side of it. He started by telling her about faux Moody's attack at him after they got separated in the maze. The demigod's face bore no expression as he recounted the battle. Just as he had defeated Crouch Jr. Harry had called him to the graveyard using the reverse portkey Percy had constructed for Fleur and the boy who lived.

They met a plump man, who Percy now knew to be Wormtail, and a baby version of Voldemort. Before they could exchange any words, Voldemort had shot a killing curse at them. It hit Percy in the chest and he was knocked unconscious.