Chapter 21: "She's a voman. They're all unreasonable."

From what Percy understood the dragons had a very strong hide and the flames were extremely magical and powerful. Any ordinary flame freeze charm wouldn't work against it as the dragon's magic would simply overpower the wizard's spell. And any potion used to make an item flame proof would be burnt out in seconds. He needed to find a way to defeat the dragons by either putting them to sleep and being faster than them. He also needed a way to avoid the flames and the deadly claws and talons the dragon he would be facing. He wasn't worried about the fangs or claws, he bore the curse of achilles and doubted they would be able to do anything against him. But, the demigod was worried about the flames. He remembered Kronos in Luke's body being burnt by Hestia's flames. Luke also had the curse, but he still got burnt. Though a goddess' flames are much more powerful than a dragon's and do much more harm, Percy didn't want to risk it.

First, he made a list of everything that he could use against the dragon.

The hoverboard was one item of note, it was fast, very agile and also very very cool.But, it was probably slower compared to the dragon. And, since he would be fighting a dragon perhaps now would be the best time to try and make the board flame proof. So, Percy carved a few runes on it for just that. Hopefully those would protect the wooden board from a dragon's flame.

Then came Percy's array of potions,he had a few bottles of invisibility potion, though it was useless against a dragon's keen sense of smell, according to chapter 10 in 'Dragons and how to tame them'. The elixir of courage would be a good potion to have, along with any type of fireproofing potion he could make.

Percy did however have one very important advantage, it seemed dragons were very susceptible to dreamless sleep potions, though they had to be very strong to take effect. And luckily, due to Hecate's training and his own instincts for Potions, he could prepare the draught of living death in under an hour.

He had all the ingredients already prepared, he got them during his trip to Hogsmeade. He knew he was going to face something, and he bought the ingredients in the hopes that whatever he would face was susceptible to potions. And dragons most definitely were.

Unfortunately Percy's couldn't use Felix Felicis, it was banded in all sporting events, and the triwizard tournament was technically considered a sporting event. So while that was out, no one said anything about using different kinds of potions, maybe a strengthening potion or two could compensate for the luck of Felix.

And so Percy got to work. He first made the draught of living death, his best weapon against the dragon. He also made the flameproof potion, a couple of bravery elixirs, a strengthening potions and anything else he would need.

He also had two aces up his sleeves, just in case. The watch Hecate gave him and Riptide, weapons that were strong enough to fight the gods, should be handled a few dragons. But hopefully he won't need them, after all the entire reason he was in this tournament was because he wanted to prove he was more than just a demigod.

By the time he was done, it was already midnight, he needed to sleep soon, rest was important before trying to fight a dragon. It was then that he realised that Harry probably didn't know about the dragons, how would be able to prepare for them if he didn't know about them. It was Tuesday now, they had to fight the dragon today but he still had a couple of hours to prepare. Percy ran out The Forest door and was immediately greeted by a seventh year Ravenclaw.

"Um, hello?"

"Uh. . ."

Neither of the two boys knew how to react and they just awkwardly stared at each other. Both of them were out way past the curfew.

"So, Good seeing you?" Percy awkwardly moved out the way and started running towards the Gryffindor common room while the Ravenclaw made his way to, what Percy thought was, the Ravenclaw common room. The demigod had brought with him a vial of invisibility potion with him, he did not want to get caught by the Hogwarts caretaker, Argus Filch.