Chapter 22

After they were done, Yuan Yuan and Chen Dong Lan were drenched in perspiration.

• Short NSFW Scene

The winter passed like this.

They moved into their new home.

Without any issues on how they would assign the rooms, they slept together in the master bedroom, with a study room each and the remaining room left undecided for the future.

To Chen Dong Lan, such a life was more than blessed. His arms were suddenly filled with things, some of which he never even dreamed of.

There were germinating plants on the balcony growing lushly, but he was absent-minded and always forgot to water them.

On a sweltering night, Chen Dong Lan and Yuan Yuan fell asleep together as usual.

As peaceful as always.

A few hours later, he suddenly opened his eyes. His forehead was drenched with perspiration, and he stared at the ceiling in panic.

He gripped the mattress and slowly verified that he really was lying on the bed instead of falling into a bottomless hole without anything to hold on to.

He turned his head, saw Yuan Yuan sleeping peacefully and heard his long breaths but he still felt anxious. He forced his eyes closed but again felt like he was falling. Trembling, he opened his eyes.

Was this real?
Or was this just a very long dream?

Maybe he was still sitting on the stone step in the forest park, crying endlessly. Yuan Yuan hadn't found him. Nobody else had found him. He was alone having a beautiful dream, and turning his head, not even a shadow was willing to accompany him.
Maybe the dream had started even earlier.

The moment he had walked out from the co-rented house, he had died inside. But his soul never gave up and dreamed shamelessly.
His imagination became more and more realistic, gradually replacing the reality in front of Chen Dong Lan.

He didn't make a sound, but his tears fell, soaking the pillow.
In his sleep, Yuan Yuan frowned, unsettled, and woke up.

He felt around beside him. Not feeling Chen Dong Lan, he lifted his head to see and found him curled up at the side of the bed.
Puzzled, Yuan Yuan turned on the table lamp and saw that Chen Dong Lan's face was covered in tears, his eyes apprehensive.

Yuan Yuan carefully wiped his tears away. "Did you have a nightmare?

Don't be afraid. I'm here. Do you want some water? I'll get some for you."

Chen Dong Lan shook his head. "No need. I'm okay."
But his expression didn't improve.

Yuan Yuan sat up and gathered him into his arms. He let Chen Dong Lan lean against him and patted his back repeatedly. "What did you dream of that made you so scared?"

Chen Dong Lan held his hand tightly but didn't say a word.
For the remainder of the night, Yuan Yuan's arms embraced Chen Dong Lan's waist. He woke at the slightest movement, touching his hair and patting his back.

Even so, Chen Dong Lan couldn't sleep. Afraid to wake Yuan Yuan, he didn't dare to move, allowing all four limbs to become numb.

In the morning, Chen Dong Lan was no longer upset. He had returned to normal and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.
Yuan Yuan gazed at his back, vaguely understanding why he had woken up startled in the middle of the night.

He had not considered this matter.

At work, he took the initiative to chat with Yu Lin. Recently, he and Yu Lin were the most content in the office. They never joined any gatherings and would hurriedly leave after work, as if they could find gold at home if they got home early.