Chapter 11

The next day, Yuan Yuan's flight was at eleven.

Chen Dong Lan got up early to stew some porridge for him. Yuan Yuan saw that he had not yet left for work by eight and asked doubtfully, "You didn't request for a day off to send me to the airport, right?"

Chen Dong Lan nearly dropped the pot. He hit the target in a single guess.

Was he able to read minds?

"Yu Lin has already agreed to send me. You don't need to waste your leave."

It was now just a few days before the Chinese New Year. It should be the most difficult time for Chen Dong Lan to get away from work. If there was a leave request, it would surely have to be made up during the Chinese New Year holidays. Most people would not carry out such an unworthy exchange. Chen Dong Lan's Chinese New Year holidays were only three days, from the eve till the second day. No matter what day he used to make up for it, it would only be a loss for him.

Without getting an answer, Yuan Yuan couldn't continue eating his porridge. "Did you request?"

Chen Dong Lan shook his head. "I didn't."
Yuan Yuan heaved a sigh of relief.

The time crawled towards nine-thirty. Chen Dong Lan could only force himself to tidy up and head to work.

Yuan Yuan was clearing up. He saw Chen Dong Lan lingering at the door slowly wearing his shoes, and called out to him, "Wait, I'll send you there."

Chen Dong Lan got a shock. "No need. The metro station is very near."

Yuan Yuan thought about it carefully. Just before the new year, there were many cars on the road, and the daily traffic jams were very bad. Driving might not be faster than taking the metro.

"Then I'll send you to the metro station."

For an adult, why would he need to be sent to work? He should refuse, but Chen Dong Lan couldn't do it.

Outside, it was a fine day with some rare sunlight. Every day, he would walk hurriedly with his head bent on the way to work. But today, he felt that it was beautiful like never before.

Chen Dong Lan's pace got slower and slower.

Yuan Yuan glanced at his watch. "If you don't hurry up, you'll be late." Chen Dong Lan checked the time. Nine-forty. Even if he boarded immediately once in the station, he wouldn't be on time.
Yuan Yuan looked helplessly. "You..." He paused. "Can you take care of yourself?"

The only adult male he would question like this was Chen Dong Lan.

After being asked this, Chen Dong Lan was in a daze. It took some time before he nodded.

"When I'm back, 'll check." Yuan Yuan said. "If you eat a biscuit, or even a mouthful of instant food, then..."

He stopped, momentarily unable to think of a good punishment. There wasn't a good punishment for Chen Dong Lan. If the punishment was serious, he would be sad. If the punishment was light, it wouldn't work.

Chen Dong Lan said solemnly, "If I eat it, 'll move out."

"No, change it to something else." Once Yuan Yuan heard the words"move out" his head hurt, and he suddenly thought of that night when Chen Dong Lan got out of his car without a word.

Regards to moving out, was Chen Dong Lan the tired one?
Rather, after moving out and moving back in, the one responsible for driving and moving was him.

Chen Dong Lan couldn't feel Yuan Yuan's pulse, so he sounded him out by asking, "Then punish me by making me wash the dishes every day."

Yuan Yuan:...