Chapter 27

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Dan Heng's POV
"Phew! That was delicious!" (M/N) happily announced as he laid down on the floor, rubbing his belly. I put the empty dishes back in the basket before joining him, putting my nose on the crook of his neck. We laid there, comfortably and peacefully, until (M/N) broke the silence. "Hey, Dan Heng? Thank you for this date. I'm very happy that we get to go out today!"

He stroked my hair softly and I closed my eyes, because it felt good. "Yeah... I'm happy too..." I said with a slight somber tone, and clenched his shirt in a slightly tight grip, burying my whole face against his neck. My eyes were starting to well up...

'No... Tears... Please, don't show up now...'

I felt (M/N) shift in his position, putting his hands on my cheeks so his golden eyes met my emerald hues. He wore a frown on his face. "Hengie~ ... Love, you look like you're about to cry..."

My vision got blurry by his statement. I put my hands on his softly and give them a tight squeeze. The first few droplets of tears fell from my eyes, landing on (M/N)'s top, as I said "I should be happy for this date too, (M/N)! This date was fun and romantic, one I would never forget! But! ... But..." more tears flowed down my cheeks, creating small streams of water. "But how can I feel happy... when you're about to leave my side the very next day?!"

"Dan Heng..." (M/N) wiped my eyes, but my tears kept flowing and flowing like a waterfall. I sniffed as I held onto the golden eyed, hugging him tightly with no intention of letting go. "I don't want to let you go! I just can't let you go! I can't... It hurts... It hurts so much..."

Unable to control my sobs any longer, I broke down completely on the man I love so much to the point I would do anything to keep him by my side. (M/N) kept silent, but stroked my back and hair to comfort me...

After what felt like forever, I pulled away from the raven haired and rubbed my eyes dry. (M/N) brushed my bangs aside to place a kiss on my forehead, making my eyes well up once more. "Please, don't cry Hengie," (M/N) mumbled against my hair, "I'm sad too, about having to leave you..."

I closed my eyes and let myself lean on his body, not wanting to miss every single moment of physical contact with the golden eyed male. I wrapped my arms tightly around (M/N)'s lean frame, and he wrapped his arms around my back and shoulders.

'So warm... I truly don't want to leave his arms...'

My eyes were starting to close on their own, getting tired from my crying session. (M/N) seemed to notice my behaviour and stroked my hair softly. "You look tired, Heng. Get some rest, okay?"

"But our date..."

"Won't be over yet. Don't worry, we have until tomorrow. Until then, I'm yours, love," (M/N) said, pressing kisses on my forehead, temples, eyes, nose and cheeks. His sweet kisses made me close my eyes... and drift off to dreamland.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

(M/N)'s POV
After Dan Heng fell asleep in my arms, I planted another kiss on his forehead before shifting our positions so the vidyadhara could sleep more comfortably on my body. His face showed nothing but peace, despite the fact that anything which will come tomorrow was anything but happy and peaceful...

'Do I truly have to leave his side forever?'

Deep down in my heart, my feelings were mixed. On one hand, this isn't my home world, so it would make sense to return to where I belong to - to reunite with my family, my friends and my living circumstances in which I'm familiar with. On the other hand, I wish to stay here by my Hengie's side - to travel different worlds, to discover more of my ice powers, spend time with the Astral Express crew and get even closer to Dan Heng...