Chapter 13

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧・゚: *✧・゚:*.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

3rd POV
As the Express Crew and JingYuan were fighting against Phantylia, it seemed that the battle was in their favour. That was, until Phantylia began pulling her next trick in transforming her foes into pawns of Destruction, starting with the general...

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Cutscene!
Contains spoilers from the 1.2 Trailblaze Quest!

(Special thanks to Noxxis Gaming for uploading this cutscene!)

*:・゚*:・゚

Dan Heng's POV
It's over. Our battle against the Emanator of Destruction is finally over...

We all watched the general, who still needed to recover from the intense battle.

"General, are you... okay?" March asked.

"I'm still alive," the exhausted general said, followed with a chuckle before turning to face me with a soft smile, "...and it would seem the two of us can still coordinate our efforts."

I remained silent with my eyes closed.

Jing Yuan then sighed. "Phantylia... a truly fearsome enemy. If she hadn't attempted to turn me into a pawn of Destruction, I'm afraid victory would have been far from certain. Phantylia had established a link between me and herself. Your well-timed strike gravely injured her - thus, her connection to the Arbor was severed."

"So it was all part of the plan! When Dan Heng stabbed you, I was scared to death..." March said with a shudder.

"Is Phantylia... still alive?" Caelus asked.

Jing Yuan let out a second sigh. "It takes more than that to destroy an Emanator of Destruction. Still..."

"Phantylia won't be stirring up trouble any time soon - don't worry about her infecting the Arbor again. It's just that sealing the Stellaron is going to take some time..." Welt tried reassure.

"Leave that to the master diviner..." JingYuan yawned before adding, "I'm afraid I may be... somewhat spent..."

"General, keep those eyes open, now's not the time to fall asleep!" March said as the general started swaying from side to side. His eyes were starting to close on his own and he collapsed forwards as March yelled "Hey! Wake up!"

A few moments later, Lady Fu Xuan and the Clouds Knights arrived. A starskiff was ready to take us all back to the Alchemy Commission...

Now that this battle is over... my next mission can finally start...

*:・゚✧*:・゚

(M/N)'s POV
"There you have it, now you know what basically happened in my life after meeting you," Dan Feng said before letting out a sigh.

"It was a rollercoaster of a story... I... I have no words for it..." I let out a sigh as well. His eyes were slightly red from crying earlier and sometimes he would sniff quietly as he held onto my torso. Dan Feng stroked my multicoloured streaks, muttering a "Thank you for listening to my whole story," and a "You did so well, my sweetheart."